GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 136 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2390

Today I ordered a pair of Daws Better Built LED light strips for truck boxes.

Product Link: https://www.dawsbetterbuilt.com/inde...=3694&parent=1)
    Product Image:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	91.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	42862

Putco makes a similar product and wants nearly four times as much for it. The Putco product has motion-sensitive on/off which I don't care about (and actually worry could be accidentially triggered, which is likely why the product also has a 20 min timer). I figured I'd give the Daws product a go since I'm competent enough to push a button to turn the product on and off, as needed.

Surreal

P.S. I don't use a spellchecker, either, Phantom -- I just speak/write English.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 08-14-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post

Product Image:

Putco makes a similar product and wants nearly four times as much for it. The Putco product has motion-sensitive on/off which I don't care about (and actually worry could be accidentially triggered, which is likely why the product also has a 20 min timer). I figured I'd give the Daws product a go since I'm competent enough to push a button to turn the product on and off, as needed.

Surreal

Let us know how these work I'd love to get some if it's a quality piece
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Will do...

Sr. Apprentice

I'm about to go out and Try to set the TV cable again. I have got to figure out what is causing the tranny to slip and not shift. I believe it's all in that darn cable.
    Skullblaster
    86 GMC Suburban 350 700r4 4wd (pain in my butt) otherwise stock
    93 Chevy Silverado 1500-350-4x4
    :sign0196: "Give me coffee and nobody gets hurt!"
    :fighting0040:

In the process of cleaning up and rebuilding the throttle body injection unit! Booyah!

Washed and waxed her. The took some purple power too the cheap vinyl tan astro van seats. went from having 20 years of dirt and gunk to being brand newidh. lol.

Product Image:

Surreal

Let me know how these work out, that something i would be interested in for when i need tools outta the toolbox at night.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Quote Originally Posted by sfdefender24 View Post
    Let me know how these work out, that something i would be interested in for when i need tools outta the toolbox at night.
    Will do. That's what caused me to go searching for a solution -- one that didn't involve drilling holes in the truck box and running permanent wiring, as mine is removed from time to time for cargo capacity.

Will do. That's what caused me to go searching for a solution -- one that didn't involve drilling holes in the truck box and running permanent wiring, as mine is removed from time to time for cargo capacity.
    Thanks man. Thats the reason ive been looking for something like this, just havent really found that seemed worth the amount. or when i did find something cheap it had really bad reviews.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Quote Originally Posted by sfdefender24 View Post
    Thanks man. Thats the reason ive been looking for something like this, just havent really found that seemed worth the amount. or when i did find something cheap it had really bad reviews.
    Here's the Putco kit: http://www.eautoworks.com/Putco-LED-...--PRD7876.aspx
    (Spendy sucker!)

I'm trying the cheaper kit because I can buy two of them for a bit more than half the cost of the single Putco -- which gets me some redundancy and twice the LEDs. Even if they are not as bright, having twice the LEDs should mean a better chance of light where I want/need it rather than it being flood/glare in my face.