GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 138 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2390

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Ooooooooouch!
    He'll live. Might take a few days for the pain to go away from this but he's home and doing what he does best, sleeping.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

drove mine a bit, filled the tank, and let the rain wash it for me, been to busy to do anything else.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Don't think I'm sold on the LED lights I put behind my instrument cluster and I'm thinking about pulling them and putting the stock bulbs back in and using the LEDs as the interior lights.

put my corsa cat back exhaust on today as well as my volant CAI sounds great ..pretty excited
    Chevy Silverado 10' - C.C / Pioneer DVD Head Unit / 2 12' Memphis Subs / Rhino Lined / Running Boards / Corsa Sport Exhaust / Volant CAI / Spyder Black Halo Projector Headlights & Tailights / Led Interior Dome Lights/ 20 % Tint on every window except back (Limo Tint) /

I removed my OEM hood liner from my aftermarket hood and cleaned the underside of the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I removed my OEM hood liner from my aftermarket hood and cleaned the underside of the hood.
    Just when I thought I heard it all..... Surreal

ANYWAY, I'm gonna probably refill fluids (washer, oil, antifreeze, gas, and maybe transfer case with new oil see if that cuts down on the noise some) and vacuum her out and get all trash and everything thats not needed for today out. Gonna try and take K to the French Quarter in and around New Orleans today shopping, eating and spending what time I have left as a civilian together if the rain holds off and barring another shooting.

I put 900 bucks worth of new meat on the rims yesterday. 31x10.5 R15's

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Just when I thought I heard it all..... Surreal
    Heh, well it's prep for replacement of the hood liner. You see, my OEM hood liner doesn't fit my aftermarket hood terribly well, as the hood liner has no opening in it for the cowl induction AND it's stretched tight instead of form-fitted to the hood. I knew this and am just now getting around to obtaining a custom hood liner ... one I'll cut to fit. Rather than buying a cut-to-fit unit from LMC Truck I'm going to get some aircraft firewall material from here (http://hoodliners.blogspot.com/p/ord...r-here_02.html), remove the hood, form-fit the stuff, and do it right. While I wait on the material I figured I'd clean under the OEM hood liner.

Master Mechanic

Well I finally got a chance to work on the truck last night and today. Last night I fixed some things behind the passenger door panel. When I originally changed out the door handles I had some trouble getting the panel off so it didn't go together exactly as it should. Now I can check that off the list.
    Today was more than wash day. I got the Adam's hand polishing kit and did the wash, dry, clay bar, swirl & haze remover, and revive polish. I ran out of daylight and will have to finish up tomorrow with the buttery wax. The truck came out awesome though and the surface is smooth to the touch and all the contaminants removed. I'll have to take some pics tomorrow after I wax and post them under the detailing section.

Today I removed the OEM 28" radiator and replaced it with the alternate 34" radiator size that's found in 2005-2007 Silverados and Sierras.