GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 140 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2390

Damn @SurrealOne is sure was a long day for you

I diagnosed a ride problem, well decided enough is enough anyway. In the near future, she will get new tie rods, inner and outer, new pitman arm, and eventually upper ball joints. Maybe next week since this weekend is booked up. Tired of having the front end shake at 55mph. And trying to find the time/funds to buy a freshly rebuilt transfer case for 350$ and install it. Well just tired of the noises the truck makes...how bout that.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

All I did was wash it with care , darn rail dust.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Gave her a new emblem yesterday.

I also threw a few quick coates of primer on the fenders and hood today. I'm not done with the prep work for paint yet, but I wanted to keep it from rusting.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Today I de-tuned the truck, went to a stealership, and had the HVAC controls recalibrated to prevent the driver/passenger side AC from blowing hot due to blend door over-travel. Once done I took a new backup and re-applied my Diablew tune without issue.

Next I received and installed the fan shroud intended to go with the 34" radiator and a clutch fan. This is a temp measure due to my stalled efan project, and it took some hunting to find as there apparently is no fan shroud like this listed for 99-07 Sierras. ( It took digging around looking for Avalanche parts to find what I needed!)

Next I removed my WeatherTech Bug & Stone Deflector. This thing makes me mad, as I bought it to protect my new hood sometime back and, lo and behold, the damn deflector I bought to protect my hood -- marred it. I was so ticked that I promptly ordered an AVS Aeroskin hood shield, which I received and installed today. Much thanks to @AMac
    for the find and recommendation on this one; it's a stellar-looking, low-profile hood shield.

Next I experimented with my C5-650 speakers' cross-overs to find both the tweeter attenuation and midrange presence that best-suit my musical tastes.

Last, I fueled up the truck and loaded my old CAI box into it so that I can give it to Nak.

Long day...

Hey, glad it worked out for you!
    Trustworthiness

Vendor reliability

Privacy

Child safety

Installed toughliner rear wheel well liners today... They fit like a glove. Really gives a nice look to the wheel wells.

Here are some pics... sorry did not post them originally.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whlwhl1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	43204.

Name:	Whlwhl2.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	43205

Name:	Whlwhl3.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	43206
    Last edited by TimTom64b; 08-25-2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Added pics to the post
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Trustworthiness

Vendor reliability

Privacy

Child safety
    Did you mean to include the four Web of Trust (WOT) rating criteria in this post?

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    Her? That emblem is not exactly feminine...

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    Installed toughliner rear wheel well liners today... They fit like a glove. Really gives a nice look to the wheel wells.
    Pics of this? I saw none when I checked your albums a few mins ago...
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 08-24-2012 at 09:31 PM.

I also threw a few quick coates of primer on the fenders and hood today. I'm not done with the prep work for paint yet, but I wanted to keep it from rusting.
    Nice emblem

I replaced the carrier bearing, and all 3 u joints. I hope this takes care of the off and on driveline issues I have been having for the last too many months (since I had the carrier bearing replaced the first time.)
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Her? That emblem is not exactly feminine...
    Well, the wife and kid named her Charlotte.....And I've never had a vehicle that I called "HE" because I'd feel weird having a love hate relationship with a "guy" vehicle! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Nice emblem
    Thanks...... I thought it was appropriate since she's killed a rabbit and a bird so far.

Master Mechanic

Nice! Looks good and definitely gives the truck more personality.