GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 145 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2390

Thanks SurrealOne!
    The part that gets me is I had 2 different shops do a diagnostic on it and neither of them could find anything~! :-/

New fuel pump, Flowmaster muffler and Spectre air filter were just delivered to my front door! Can't wait to install them.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Well I just put new tie rod ends on...and now that the tires look cockeyed now I'm gonna jack it back up and take measurements and see if I missed something. Steering wheel is still off centered too

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Well I just put new tie rod ends on...and now that the tires look cockeyed now I'm gonna jack it back up and take measurements and see if I missed something. Steering wheel is still off centered too

Yes an alignment should be done whenever you change those.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

got the last of the parts that the dealer had ordered installed to fix my stupid washer fluid issue. warrenty fix, but still annoying to drive the 30 miles and sit in traffic and what not. also priced out GM tow mirrors for my truck. can buy em from GM for $420. not sure if I want to go that route or find some after market mirrors for cheaper. decisions decisions.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    got the last of the parts that the dealer had ordered installed to fix my stupid washer fluid issue. warrenty fix, but still annoying to drive the 30 miles and sit in traffic and what not. also priced out GM tow mirrors for my truck. can buy em from GM for $420. not sure if I want to go that route or find some after market mirrors for cheaper. decisions decisions.

Alex
    I had a set of aftermarket ones for a week and they quit working, so i just ended up going to the GM dealer and buying them, I only paid 350 for mine tho and it has the turn signal and power adjusting. but manual extension. there great to have especially in VA

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Quote Originally Posted by sfdefender24 View Post
    I had a set of aftermarket ones for a week and they quit working, so i just ended up going to the GM dealer and buying them, I only paid 350 for mine tho and it has the turn signal and power adjusting. but manual extension. there great to have especially in VA
    good to know, ive looked at a few after market ones, I may just bit the bullet and buy GM mirrors and be done with it.

I was looking at these

http://monsterautoparts.com/gmc/SIER...ble_mirror.htm

the 1332-5650B specifically.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    good to know, ive looked at a few after market ones, I may just bit the bullet and buy GM mirrors and be done with it.

I was looking at these

http://monsterautoparts.com/gmc/SIER...ble_mirror.htm

the 1332-5650B specifically.

Alex
    Very much similar to the ones i have on my silverado. Towing mirrors are great but its def nothing i would personally take a shortcut on again..

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

Well, today I took the passenger wiper arm off and readjusted it to where it sits at a normal level and doesn't bang on the plastic when it goes back down. THEN, I took my bug guard off, got all the bugs off, gave it a once over with some window cleaner, then spun a nice coat of wax on it. Looks ALOT better now. More shiny.

And then I washed K's car for her. I never knew it was a white Malibu

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Spent some time this afternoon putting in my rear lift blocks and put in some skyjacker nitro 8000 shocks. was a interesting project, Now having done it, I know a few things to watch for if I ever do it again. also almost had a BIG opsie, the left side didnt get lined up right when I put it all back together, so when I was driving down the road it shifted, had to hold the wheel to left to make the truck go straight! not good, ran it back into the shop and got it fixed. I really like how the truck sits, and how it rides.

so moral of the story, when you do these kind of things, double check the alignment of everything!

Alex