GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 152 of 239 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2390

I'm back!! Hosted a tail gate party for a football game! Heck of a time!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

I put the Browning deer head on the back corner of the rear window on the truck today

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

Yesterday I installed my efans and today I wired and tested them. Ahh, ice cold AC when sitting still, I love it! And I have a little hope that I might gain a little mpg, too. We'll see.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 09-23-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Just installed my RBP RX-3 steps, pain in the @ss to install but look sweet!

2010 Silverado LTZ Z71

6" BDS Lift, New springs and Fox Shocks
    Tinted Windows
    K & N Filter
    20" Fuel Off-Road Throttle Black/Machined
    33" x 12.5" x 20" Toyo Open Country M/T's
    Front and Back Bow ties Color Matched (Black Granite Metallic)
    Bushwhacker Pocket style Flares
    Weather Tech Window Visors & Floor Mats
    Blackbear Tune
    Bak Flip F1 Tonneau cover

To Do:
    Cold Air Intake
    Corsa Sport Exhaust

Went to Surreal's vista at the lake and he showed me how to make 1/0ga battery cables, solder and use heat shrink tubing. Then we installed them. I will have to go to the parts store tomorrow and get longer battery posts to finish the project.

On the way home, I could already tell a difference. With the factory battery cables my volt meter in the cluster was between 9v - 11v (not sure why) even with new batteries (10 months old). Once the new ones were installed, the volt meter in the cluster was just a tad above 14v. (I have not checked with a volt meter but the high end is usually 14.8v.

I want to thank Surreal for teaching me how to make the cables, and helping with the installation of them.

just did my SCPI to MFI conversion a.k.a. new and updated fuel injectors!
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    I want to thank Surreal for teaching me how to make the cables, and helping with the installation of them.
    Happy to help ...

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    Went to Surreal's vista at the lake and he showed me how to make 1/0ga battery cables, solder and use heat shrink tubing. Then we installed them. I will have to go to the parts store tomorrow and get longer battery posts to finish the project.

On the way home, I could already tell a difference. With the factory battery cables my volt meter in the cluster was between 9v - 11v (not sure why) even with new batteries (10 months old). Once the new ones were installed, the volt meter in the cluster was just a tad above 14v. (I have not checked with a volt meter but the high end is usually 14.8v.

I hope that you guys took plenty of pics and plan on writing a how to complete with a required parts list! I have wanted to do this to my truck for some time now, I am sure that I can piece it together and after 18 trips to the parts store get it done. I would rather just use your experience to my advantage.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Not today, but a week ago, I got a lot of work done on my truck:

Installed a new Flowmaster muffler - sounds great!
    Installed new fuel pump - now my gas gauge works and the truck starts right up!
    Changed fuel filter
    Changed out all spark plugs and wires
    Installed a new PCV valve
    Swapped out Fram air filter for a Specter performance air filter.

The next big thing will be to get some new tires and then put those and my new wheels on. I need to get it inspected this week as my sticker expires this month.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I hope that you guys took plenty of pics and plan on writing a how to complete with a required parts list! I have wanted to do this to my truck for some time now, I am sure that I can piece it together and after 18 trips to the parts store get it done. I would rather just use your experience to my advantage.
    We took no pictures and there's no required parts list. Why?
    1. @Nakranij asked me to show him how to make 1/0 AWG cables ... and that was all that we were SUPPOSED to be doing. He said nothing about installing the cables until just before he drove to meet me. (He should be flogged for that. Frankly, I should have said 'no way'. )
    2. Nak's arrival at 3:30pm left barely enough time to for Nak to do the work (he was learning, so it was a bit slower, but necessary for the effort to be worthwhile) before we were out of daylight -- this is with me making two of the three cables in advance and assisting with the install by prepping things, handing things, answering questions, directing Nak, and keeping us on track in non-stop fashion in order to beat the sunset.
    3. The parts one chooses will depend largely on the type (CCA? pure copper? # strands?, etc) of wire one selects ... and the gauge of wire one selects (which varies with the type of wire and distance of the runs).
    4. Other parts one selects will depend on the application, as some people want voltage meters on the battery posts where others want them at the fuses on their amp lines while still others don't need such meters, at all, under the hood.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 09-25-2012 at 11:23 PM.