GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 168 of 239 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2390

I installed iSimple into my trucks sound system. I can now connect an iPod or iPhone and listen to music. Glade that I got it done before my cruise this Friday. Now I don't have to worry about switching from one radio station to the next. It's a 7 to 8 hour drive to meet up with the cruise.

They keep saying the right person will come. I think mine is my truck.

"No offense" means "I'm about to insult you,but don't get mad."

I just ordered a backup light and some relays today. The back up light looks like conlan's. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/alb...#axzz2CoWF8Iq7
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

I cut the 7 spade connector's mount point off the towing assembly, today, and then I ground down the weld points and painted the assembly. It's drying in the garage, at the moment, and I'll reinstall it in the morning and take some photos. I may or may not get a chance to upload them, depending on holiday travel. (I'm at the mercy of someone else's schedule...)

More Plasti dip...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0635.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	46100
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Installed my spec d black housing headlights. I'm very happy with the fitment.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Today I took my wooden prototype air tank carrier to an entity that will bend, weld (as needed), and drill (as specified) one for me out of 1/8" steel. I was surprised that the guys liked the wooden prototype, as I figured they'd want technical drawings (which I'm perfectly capable of making) ... but they said they'd prefer something they can interact with for comparison (which is exactly why I built the prototype -- to test it!).

I also finalized a subtle project I've been working on that has a number of stages which included aftermarket backup camera replacement and relocation, 7-spade connector removal and relocation, 7-spade carrier removal from the towing assembly, and painting the towing assembly. Here are the results:

Aftermarket backup cam and OEM 7-spade connector before work:

Name:	7-spade & backup cam (before).jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	46105

Aftermarket backup cam after work:

Name:	backup cam (after).jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	46106

OEM 7-spade connector and towing assembly after work:

Name:	7-spade (after).jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	46107

Thanks! She's getting there.

Repainted the bowtie to match the grill a better. Looks a bit funny because the paint was still wet. It will dry flat like the grill.

Name:	IMAG0646.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	46171

Surreal, the mods look great. Very clean looking as always. Nice how you were able to get your camera mounted in the tailgate handle. Liking the trailer wiring relocated too.
    Any certain reason for relocating the 7 pin? Cleans it up for sure.
    Last edited by FrigginNoodles; 11-22-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Don't you have two sets of tires -- such that you can easily switch between wheels because you only need to remove one wheel and replace it with the other without transferring a tire from one rim to the other? If so, why didn't you remove/replace the wheels, yourself? You could be 100% sure of the handling, that way ... and it's easy and costs nothing.
    No, I only have 4 wheels/tires for my stock tires. I do have a full size spare but I believe it's on a steel rim. Getting the TPMS fixed will be at no additional cost.

Ordered the parts for my replacement "under hood" work light yesterday. I hope I will be able to have the parts in a week to install. It's going to be all LED with a manual on/off switch...... the gravity switch ain't happening.