GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 170 of 239 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2390

2" Zone Offroad leveling kit and Painted door handles. BAM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0438.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	46463BEFOREClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0441.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	46464AFTERClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0283.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	46466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0282.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	46465

- - - Updated - - -

Name:	IMAG0440.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	46467BEFOREClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0443.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	46468AFTER
    Last edited by whiteboye; 11-30-2012 at 11:24 AM.

looking good!

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Thanks, I appreciate the comment =)
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Love the site, everything you need to know is right at your fingertips.

My (1/8" steel) dual 2.5 gallon air tank carrier was finalized, today. Here it is prior to painting, tank installation, or bolt-up:
    -----

Name:	steel_final.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	46537

looks nice, where are you mounting it? I was thinking about doing something similar. I have a bunch of mounting options as the yukon xl has a lot of open under body real estate!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

@Pikey, I have surprisingly little under body real estate for a long bed. Why? The 34 gallon fuel tank chews it up on the driver's side ... and the exhaust runs down the passenger side. Down the center is the drive shaft .. and I have a full-size spare tire that matches the shoes my truck wears. The bolt-up locations of my wheel-to wheel nerf bars preclude mounting tanks along the driver's or passenger's side of the truck just below the door sills.

This left precisely one location to work with: behind the driver's seat, through the floor of the extended cab (basically forward of the fuel tank). In that location the image in my previous post would have the edge closest to the camera bolted to the bottom of the frame rail while the (removable) side farthest from the camera faces the drive shaft. The right side faces the front portion of the fuel tank and bolts up to an existing support located there. The left side of the box is toward the nose of the truck and the welded-on flange of the box bolts up to the top of the frame rail for support. The twin 2" holes are so that I can access the tank draincocks without removing the carrier from the truck -- and I have plugs that fit them which will be removed only when I need draincock access.

There's intentionally about 1/4" gap above the carrier's walls (between the extended cab floor and the top parts of the carrier sides). I left the top open so that condensation would not steadily form and be trapped in the carrier, however, I fear that dirt/debris will accumulate in the carrier because of the gap I left for air flow. By the same token, the wheel of my spare is also upwardly exposed, like this, and seems just fine ...but it's also not right next to the drive shaft which might fling/deflect things. The gap's small. Do you think it needs a top/dust cover?
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 12-01-2012 at 09:55 AM.

maybe some sort of wire loom cover? something to keep the larger debris out, but still have airflow.

without being able to look at it mounted, im not sure what i would do.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Got to try out the plow this morning. Only got 2" of the white stuff, but it made for a good practice run down the road.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1953bowtieguy View Post
    @FrigginNoodles Well how did it work?/

It seemed to work well. The driveway is a dirt road. It was little more bouncy and loud than I expected it to be. Can't wait for more snow though. I think it will be easier to see where I plowed compared to doing such little snow.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com