GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 181 of 239 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2390

Put my truck at the hands of my girlfriend. This should go well.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Put my truck at the hands of my girlfriend. This should go well.
    You poor soul.

As for what I did to/for my truck, today I took the bracket template I made on Saturday to a local metal/welding shop for fabrication.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    You poor soul.

As for what I did to/for my truck, today I took the bracket template I made on Saturday to a local metal/welding shop for fabrication.
    Hey she's terrified of the high water and her car...

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment

Hey she's terrified of the high water and her car...
    And getting water in your truck is better? Umm, no...

I applied my "mid-winter" coat of wax while parked in the garage. Wax takes forever to set up when it is cold. It is 41 in my garage and 17 outside. Instead of doing one panel at a time I was able to do the entire truck, then the first section I did was set up. A 20 minute job to wax the entire Yukon XL is not bad. Have to work fast around here, you never know how long the little one is going to nap.
    Last edited by Pikey; 01-15-2013 at 12:01 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

And getting water in your truck is better? Umm, no...
    Whatever makes her happy I guess lol. It's fine so far.

Current:
    Future:

Whatever makes her happy I guess lol. It's fine so far.
    Dang -- you're already sounding married. You might as well put a ring on it so you can get the married discount on your insurance.

Dang -- you're already sounding married. You might as well put a ring on it so you can get the married discount on your insurance.
    Hopefully around Christmas time, I'll ask.

Current:
    Future:

Picked up my new oil cooler lines for my '89 Burb yesterday. Should have changed them when I swapped the engine out this summer and put almost everything else in the engine bay new again. But now I have old lines creating a leak on the driveway! All that work and my own stupidity leaves me having to put new lines on in sub zero weather now! lol I'm hoping for 40 degree weather in a few days to actually put them on.

Ordered the wall bracket for my coalescing filter for use in frabricating a mounting bracket for it in the engine compartment.

- - - Updated - - -

I also met up with Nakranij and took measurements under his full-size overhead console so that I'll know where to cut my headliner when installing a full size overhead console. We also did some experimentation to determine if 'd need to swap the map lights ... and it appears that I will have to do so if the fleabay'd overhead console I bought is a 2-wire system. I liked Nak's Putco LED map lights better than my own (brighter and they function better) so I ordered a set when I got home.