GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 185 of 239 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2390

well today i spent 5 hours after work installing my new RCX 2.5" leveling kit the new one that comes with rear blocks and now its off for new treads tomorrow will post pics by the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    @Sierraowner5.3 - Thanks, again!

@aloxdaddy99 - Check this thread for switch details (probably more than you wanted to know). Also, I -knew- the OBA project would be brutally long, as it covers every discipline in which I have skills and tools ... and a number where I flat-out don't. However, I figured I'd have it done long before your tires as I was beginning to think tires for you were a bit like @nakranij's quest for a unicorn, erm, I mean Duramax.

Ehm,.... Well my project truck is also my daily driver and I only have room for 1 truck and the income to support 1 truck at a time so When this monster I have really dies for good, I will be more serious about my unicorn......

Till that time comes, this monster is a repository for upgrades that will work across the 5.3L and a Dmax.....

Well Friday I had Yukon 4.10's gears installed front and back as well as a Yukon duragrip locker in the rear. And today just got my truck back from getting a Reflex spray on liner and seal kit now should have a tight seal with my BAK Flip! Now to go break in my new gears

2010 Silverado LTZ Z71

6" BDS Lift, New springs and Fox Shocks
    Tinted Windows
    K & N Filter
    20" Fuel Off-Road Throttle Black/Machined
    33" x 12.5" x 20" Toyo Open Country M/T's
    Front and Back Bow ties Color Matched (Black Granite Metallic)
    Bushwhacker Pocket style Flares
    Weather Tech Window Visors & Floor Mats
    Blackbear Tune
    Bak Flip F1 Tonneau cover

To Do:
    Cold Air Intake
    Corsa Sport Exhaust

My LEDs for my light project came in yesterday. Today I found my dads soldering iron and some solder which means I don't have to buy any. I do need so tips on soldering tho and info.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

It stays parked during the week as I ride my 2 wheeler to work when the weather is good, ie 30's and warmer and no ice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyler87 View Post
    Well Friday I had Yukon 4.10's gears installed front and back as well as a Yukon duragrip locker in the rear. And today just got my truck back from getting a Reflex spray on liner and seal kit now should have a tight seal with my BAK Flip! Now to go break in my new gears
    I wouild like to hear your comments on the Gear Change! Thanks in advance.....
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

Got an oil change done since its been way to cold to do myself outside. Been testing out the 4wd lately. It hasn't stopped snowing since Sunday afternoon. Have well over a foot in 3 days, but hey I don't mind. Made a contraption to hold my sand bags over the axle to stop them from sliding all over. Was making a turn today and as I was backing into a parking spot at the hardware store, noticed my spare tire fell off lol. Glad it didn't happen as i was driving down the road because I didn't hear a thing. The cable broke, so ill have to replace that soon.
    -K&N Air Filter

I stopped by lowes Home Improvement and picked up 8 x50lb bags of play sand (400lbs total) to put over my rear axle so I could drive in the sleet/ice junk and not fishtail.......

I had no issues getting home..... I saw many "smart" people in their 4x4 trucks digging ditches though

Just went and had the whole entire exhaust re done, True dual with two flowmaster super 10s, 3" tips straight out the back. Ill put up pics and a video soon probably tommorow. Also! took the front air dam off...looks way better! loving it more and more every day.
    2009 Silverado 1500 LT
    -6" Rough Country lift, 20" incubus recoils, 35 x 12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, RBP Side steps, Frontier fron replacement bumper(kindoff pre runner style), pioneer 7" double din, pioneer door speakers, 4.10 gears, K&N CAI

Flushed the radiator and put on the MOOG hub assemblies

Drove 50 miles to the family lake house in an ice storm. Upon arrival, moved vehicles out of the 2-car garage, put my truck in catty-corner (so it'd fit), and fired up a 50,000-80,000 btu propane heater to raise the ambient garage temperature enough to thaw the ice off my truck. I then spent two hours periodically sweeping ice and water out of the garage. I should be able to work on the truck, tomorrow, despite the cold and ice, now.