GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 190 of 239 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2390

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    @nakranij Do I hear a Dmax Firing up??
    I'll believe it ONLY when I see it, as a Dmax is Nak's unicorn...

As for what I did today -- I contacted Rigid Industries about the improperly packaged light bar and demonstrated proof of purchase (receipt image) of two of the same light bars ... proof (photo) of the boxes showing that the packaging material should have had two of the same light bars ... and proof (photo) that the package contents did NOT include two of the same light bars. I made it clear that:
    • I was unhappy about the issue
    • I didn't want to have to remove my bumper to get the light bar out in order to ship it back ... and then later reinstall the bumper only to remove the bumper AGAIN to install the replacement light bar
    • I didn't want to drive around with my ride looking dumb with only one light bar in place
    • I only needed the proper light bar -- no mounting hardware, no wiring, etc
    • I was willing to do a pre-auth against my credit card so that they had some protection in the event that I failed to ship the problematic light bar back
    • I felt this was a warranty issue due to improper packaging, hence why I was contacting them instead of the vendor
    • I desired expedited shipping so that I could attend to the removal/replacement next weekend.

I've got to say that I am impressed with Rigid Industries' response. They addressed every concern I had, as follows:
    • Opening a RMA today
    • 2-day express shipping a replacement light bar to the address I specified
    • NOT requiring a credit card pre-auth to ship me a new bar (the fact that I was willing to do so probably helped)
    • including a label for pre-paid return shipping

I had heard good things about Rigid Industries' products and customer service prior to becoming a customer. So far their reputation is well-warranted.

Surreal
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 02-04-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Two used vehicles (with tax, title, plates, etc.) are usually cheaper than a single brand new one ... and you don't care about warranties at that point because if something happens to one you drive the other ... and you have one to drive while you tinker with one.

Not trying to convince you not to replace what you have -- just pointing out that it's fallacy to think there are not cost-effective means around the warranty issue. Heck, having a small econobox to drive in addition to a truck might actually be cash advantageous -- as you could drive the econobox for commutes and the truck when you need a truck. (You know -- the right tool for the job approach.)
    Well that depends on how you look at it.... I am $3000 deep on a tranny rebuild, $1000 deep on a bumper replacement..... It is close to needing a new engine $2500...... The power seat adjuster is $825 (if you can find one). Not sure the cost of getting power locks working, even with the $200 I put in it myself to try and get those working again.... Cheap seat covers cause the imitation leather shows 220,000 miles of ware or get nice ones for $1000, re-wrap the steering wheel, looking at a new rack and pinion...... new front wheel hubs.......

And if I am crazy.... $3000-8000 for body work to restore it.

Looking at it that way, it is not cheaper..... I practically have a new truck and all the parts aren't 13 years old. Not sure how you figure it is cheaper to keep dumping that kind of money in it.....

Light bulbs, batteries, battery cables, stereo, amp, etc can be moved to the new or new used truck. I just listed about 25k-30k in repairs. for an "old" truck. for 30k I can get an 09 with less miles than what I have on my truck now, but it is still used.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    @nakranij Do I hear a Dmax Firing up??
    Depends. I can get allot of use out of a crew cab with an 8ft bed (land Yacht). Anything 2013 and older, that means I need a 2500HD. If I am going through the expense of moving into a 2500 HD and I am going to keep it as long as I keep trucks, then the Diesel makes sense.

The odd ball that happened now, is in 2014, you can get a 1/2 ton crew (a full crew) compared to the crews of previous years and get a 6.6ft bed. I can deal with the 1.5ft short fall to stay in a 1/2 ton to get a real crew and the same size bed I have now.

So a dmax might be in my future, we have to see what the 2014's are really like when they hit the dealer. ( And second gen 6 speed tranny is like on the new 1500's that everyone is complaining about).

I mounted my LED light bar behind the grille of my truck and ran the wiring to the fuse box area. A bit more wiring, and that will be functional. I also trimmed the seat heater for the rear passenger seat, spray glued it to the seat cushion foam, ran the wires out of the cushion, and reinstalled the leather. You wouldn't even know I changed anything. I did accidentally cut the wire inside one of the heater pads though, so I'll have to go find another one at Pick-n-pull. Not really a big deal though since they only charge a couple dollars for the heater pads. Once I have them all in, I'll have to build a switch panel to replace the radio controls in the back of my center console, and I'll have working seat heaters in the 2 outside seats in the back.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    Depends. I can get allot of use out of a crew cab with an 8ft bed (land Yacht).
    The odd ball that happened now, is in 2014, you can get a 1/2 ton crew (a full crew) compared to the crews of previous years and get a 6.6ft bed. I can deal with the 1.5ft short fall to stay in a 1/2 ton to get a real crew and the same size bed I have now.
    Get used to 100 point turns, pulling through double spaces because you barely (or no longer) fit in a single space, and parking in the way-out and walking to your destination!

finally ordered a JD2 model 3 pipe bender W/stand and 1.5" pipe bending die!!!!
    cant wait to start making my front bumper, and any other toys my life ever desires :D
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Assuming they're made of pipe! (Nice bender, by the way. )

well today didnt even start it but im glad because everytime i do i realize something else is wrong with the truck lol
    Lets drink Beer and work on Trucks!!!

Received my replacement light bar from Rigid and contacted Rigid because they failed to include the RMA number and pre-paid shipping label for the return.

Checked my vitals low on coolant but all others are fine. Also learned my school's shop has a coolant pressure tester so I can track down this leak.

- - - Updated - - -

Taught myself how to solder, not that hard. I think I took a couple years of my life inhaling burnt lead and stuff. Need a better soldering iron, my gun sucks and barely works.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Today I changed the oil, replaced the third brake light and did saftey and emissions