GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 193 of 239 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2390

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Koscoe View Post
    Got my new hood release lever yesterday and installed it. No monre hanging piece of plastic mess. Ordered a new lock slider for the driver side door panel yesterday. Should be here today. All I need now is an antenna. Need to look to see if I just need the mast of a new base too. Something is broke for sure.

Does anybody have a shorty antenna? If you do, how is the reception? They look cooler than the original, but I don't want to sacrifice for looks.
    What year truck do you have? But do not have a shorty antenna but I have heard it has the same quality reception as stock.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    What year truck do you have? But do not have a shorty antenna but I have heard it has the same quality reception as stock.
    1999 silverado. I was looking at a few sites and the shorty antennas are not that expensive. I don't have an antenna and I can't pick up my favorite country station so i'm stuck with pop music or cd's. I's opt for XM but I don't have that type of cash right now.
    If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.--Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Koscoe View Post
    1999 silverado. I was looking at a few sites and the shorty antennas are not that expensive. I don't have an antenna and I can't pick up my favorite country station so i'm stuck with pop music or cd's. I's opt for XM but I don't have that type of cash right now.
    Well I would suggest that you do the "antenna delete" mod. I did it on my 2002 and I get all the same channels, it just doesnt pick up HD channel in the middle of no where. Here is my how-to.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Antenna-Delete

And here is another one that is popular.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...e-Your-Antenna

Definitely looks cleaner after I did the mod.

Those are some good write ups. I will have to see if the base is broken or not. I just kind of peeked at it. I may do your mod since I work in a factory with lots of spare wire that I can use.

finally sound deadened the inside of my door panels
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Check the mod list of my money pit below and my photos...... Enough said! LOL.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/alb...?albumid=22397

Today I:
    • Loaded the bed and cab full of things to move into storage
    • Drove 1.5 hours and unloaded the truck
    • Installed a pair of 2" diameter expandable rubber freeze plugs into the 2" diameter holes (that exist to allow me to open the draincocks on each tank and drain them) on the bottom of the OBA system's air tank carrier
    • Measured and cut two bolts to length for use securing the front air manifold of the OBA system to its bracket, once finished
    • Measured and cut two bolts to (a different) length for use securing the rear air manifold of the OBA system to the frame rail
    • Teflon taped and installed 1/2" MPT compression fitting (for 1/2" OD tubing) into the rear air manifold of the OBA system
    • Teflon taped a 1/4" MPT compression fitting (for 1/2" OD tubing) for use at the rear bulkhead connector of the OBA system
    • Teflon taped a 1/4" MPT quick disconnect fitting for use at the rear bulkhead connector of the OBA system
    • Cut the stamp-crushed end off a 60 foot coil of 1/2" OD annealed copper tubing to provide a clean compression fitting connection
    • Laid out all tools necessary to plumb a 1/2" OD hard line from the rear air manifold to the rear bulkhead connector of the OBA system, tomorrow

Didn't really touch the truck, but did get in my LED light strip and tested it to make sure it works. Seems bright. I will have to make sure it will fit later today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-15_21-13-23_109.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	49437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-15_21-13-31_511.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	49438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-15_21-42-14_696.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	49439Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-15_21-42-22_728.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	49440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-15_21-42-29_487.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	49441Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-15_21-43-08_85.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	49436

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Today I:
    • Installed the rear quick disconnect and dust/debris cap for the OBA system
    • Ran a 1/2" OD annealed copper hard line from the rear air manifold location to the rear quick disconnect location
    • Connected the hard line to the rear quick disconnect and the rear air manifold using 1/4" MPT to 1/2" OD compression fittings
    • Installed/attached the rear air manifold to the frame rail
    • Installed an under-hood LED light strip
    • Ran the positive and negative wires for the under-hood LED strip but DID NOT connect them (b/c I'm waiting on a switch)

I'm starting to pile up some new parts for mods this spring... lights, grill and suspension upgrades. just waiting for good weather to start installing...
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.