GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 200 of 239 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2390

I located and connected my trailer aux power and brake wire this afternoon. They were located under the brake booster wrapped up with lots of tape and held to the fire wall with a clip. Clip was an PITA to remove from the wires. After I got them free I connected the aux power to the proper terminal on the factory fuse box using an old nut from a broken aux light (finally random junk that became useful), 1/4 of my tube of dielectric grease, and some washers. Since I don't have a brake controller yet I just routed the wire in to the cab and zip-tied it out of the way.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Here's a pro tip, @Conlan Rose -- you can order huge tubes of dielectric grease online from Amazon.com for about the cost of the tiny tubes at places likean AutoZone.

@SurrealOne I think the tube I got at Autozone was about 5 dollars and its lasted through many projects which has surprised me, but I will look in to that.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

@Conlan Rose, I go through it like mad -- as I'm often removing and reapplying it to ground points, battery terminals, ANL fuse posts and connectors, etc. when I do a new electrical mod. Small tubes just don't hold me.

@SurrealOne, Recently I have began to use it a lot more and probably should use it even more than I do. I am told this is the grease you use on the door seals as well so a big tube will be very useful.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Had more fun at Home Depot.. You should see the face of people when I put 4x8 plywood and sheetrock in my Avalanche..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0479.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	50353
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I drove some friends around in it and impressed everyone with my running board LEDs and heated rear seats. And wished that the weather were good enough to take it and wash it.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Had my friends in the school auto shop pressure test the cooling system. They said its seems to be leaking every where. They listed the radiator and the lower radiator hose as possible culprits. Truck already has brand new radiator, hoses, and coolant. I will try to replace the hose clamps because I think they may be the problem.

My friends also complained about the leak in the roof which is really bad and me not having the handle for the parking brake..

- - - Updated - - -

There's a lake in my truck........ just switched out towels this will be a long night.

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    There's a lake in my truck........ just switched out towels this will be a long night.
    Ugh. Will covering it with a tarp help? (I'd think so if your suspicion about the roof rack mount points is correct.)

As for what I did to my truck, today -- I picked it up from the transmission mech ... complete with a new, aftermarket aluminum tailhousing from Transtar and a new, aftermarket anti-rattle pump retaining clip from Sonnax. Hopefully that'll keep the pump rub issue from cropping up, again.

I also crawled under the truck, cleaned off all excess fluid from the previous pinhole leak in the t-case, and noticed that two bolts on part of my lift kit had been undone by the mech .... and only hand tightened. (I probably would never have noticed this had I not knocked my hand against one of them and noted it was loose.) Angry, I tightened up the bolts and then checked every bolt/nut the mech might have touched to do his job. Thankfully nothing else was loose.

Yes it would but it would be a pain... I can't wait for warmer weather once April is here I will do the fix you described to me.