GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 219 of 239 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2390

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    This might be the most worthless thread on the forum.

Please stop the madness. I just contributed to the madness, so I must be going mad.
    The best way to show you feel a thread is "worthless" is not posting on it.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Tonight I endeavored to find a mounting location under the truck for a set of Shocker XL horns, but ultimately liked none of my options due to rock, dirt, and debris concerns. So, I pulled the grille off and located some down-firing locations behind the grille based on individual bell length. Next I took some rough measurements and determined that I need to get a 1" high x 26" long piece of steel or aluminum for use as a mount plate -- for which I intend to go shopping in the morning. I'll also need some L brackets to support the bottoms of the bells but I'll need to complete the primary bracket before I can suss those out.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 04-23-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    This might be the most worthless thread on the forum.

Please stop the madness. I just contributed to the madness, so I must be going mad.
    Why the negativity?
    It seems that this thread isn't worthless due to the 200+ pages....
    We're all GM guys, lets keep this forum positive - wouldn't want to turn it into something like GMFS, those guys seem to be real jerks!

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Tonight I endeavored to find a mounting location under the truck for a set of Shocker XL horns, but ultimately liked none of my options due to rock, dirt, and debris concerns. So, I pulled the grille off and located some down-firing locations behind the grille based on individual bell length. Next I took some rough measurements and determined that I need to get a 1" high x 26" long piece of steel or aluminum for use as a mount plate -- for which I intend to go shopping in the morning. I'll also need some L brackets to support the bottoms of the bells but I'll need to complete the primary bracket before I can suss those out.
    Sounds like a home depot kind of morning! Have a blast.

I just ordered my 4.56's for front and rear, now hopefully my mechanic friend can help me with them soon!
    Charles 02 z71 Cladded Avy
    Mods: eBay k&n Intake, highflow magnaflow cats & y pipe, 6" FabTech lift, 35" Pro Comps, Superchips #2715, SnugTop, 4.56's, MOOG front end
    Wishes: LQ4 + a beefed up 4L60E

Replaced wipers, all 3 Universal Joints and the Shift Shaft Seal on the transmission. Now my 60-70mph driveline vibration is gone and my transmission fluid leak is fixed!

Next up, front idler, pitman, steering dampner and ball joints....
    Opiewho
    2004 Silverado 2500HD W/T
    6.0L, RWD, Auto w/Towing Package

Fabricated and fitted a bracket for my Shocker XL's out of 1/8" steel. Still need to fabricate polymer spacers, fabricate bell supports, paint all metal, and install it. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 04-26-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Well, I guess it has started all over again now. I finely finished my truck a little over a year ago and have done almost nothing to it in over a year. Yesterday I put a new AC Delco 145 amp Alternator on my truck to fix the battery light problem. "220 dollars at the dealer for 145 amp and new" - "Re manufactured from advance 105 amp 300 dollars" I also ordered a new cowl hood for my truck and ordered a set of four Bilstien HD shocks. Will post more after installs.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

New belts put on before it got dark.

MaMa, detailed the inside while I two wheeled to work! She's a Keeper........
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

Today I:
    • Removed the grille and front bumper
    • Removed the transmission cooler
    • Fabricated 4 polymer spacers for the Shocker XL's
    • Fabricated 4 (different) bell supports for the Shocker XL's
    • Painted the bell supports
    • Installed the Shocker XL's to the main mounting bracket
    • Installed the main mounting bracket (with bells) and bell supports into the nose of the truck
    • Installed a 1/2"OD compression fitting to the upstream port of an electric air valve for the Shocker XL's
    • Installed a 4-port manifold for the Shocker XL's to the downstream port of the electric air valve
    • Installed the electric air valve (w/ manifold) for the Shocker XL's into the nose of the truck
    • Fashioned a new ground point for the electric valve and connected one lead of the electric valve to it
    • Sized, cut, routed, connected, and zip-tied into place 4 nylon air lines from the 4-port manifold to the Shocker XL's
    • Reinstalled the transmission cooler

The bumper and grille will remain off, for now, so that I can plumb an annealed copper hard line from the front air manifold (in the engine compartment) to the electric air valve and so that I can run switched +!2v to the electric air valve from the horn selector switch in the overhead console. Hopefully that'll be done this weekend, at which point I should be able to reassmble the nose of my truck.