GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 227 of 239 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2390

Pulled the boat to said above lake and checked trap and had a dozen bream, rebaited and set trap back in the water! Drove home to finish building the 2nd trap. Can't wait until next weekends trip to Lake Cooper for some Wisker Fishies. I'll be pulling the Boat a 100 mi. and back with my Truck...
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, SCT Programmer.

Washed it. Waxed it. Realized looking at my fuel gauge; that those spark plugs I changed a week ago where covered in so much ashe from burned oil that my MPG's has gone up.

We will see how much difference it really makes when I do my normal re-fuel @ about 21-22 gallons (1/4 tank left) and how many miles I got out of 3/4 of a tank.

This morning I pulled my trailer out of its parking spot to loan it to a newb Ford owner who is my parents' neighbor. I brought it out onto their street so it'd be easy for him to hitch up, since they have rock walls on either side of the driveway and it's pretty narrow ... and as I said, he's a newb. Later I chuckled to myself (but was outwardly sympathetic) when said newb brought back my trailer and, a few hours later, asked me if it was damaged because he had just noticed his tailgate (which had been open) was a mess.

We looked ... and my trailer was fine -- one very minor scuff on the 7000lb jack support where his tailgate had struck it. We had to look it up and down to find this, and the only sign was some of his paint on it, as there was no damage ... not even a break or flaking of the powdercoat. His tailgate, on the other hand, which was open so he could haul more stuff (which baffles me, since he left the trailer mostly empty -- then again he's a newb!) was FUBAR. It looks like he took a hard left turn with the gate open, resulting in his Ford tailgate meeting my trailer's jack support and its winder ... and the jack support/winder combo clearly won. The top of his tailgate (when shut) has what's easily a 3" wide downward bend in it that dips from the usual tailgate line a good 2.5" to 3" ... and he also has all kinds of scrapes where the winder met the tailgate face. (My tailgate clears the top of the jack support and winder since I'm lifed, but I never tow with the tailgate down, anyway -- I've always been weird about that.)

I give the guy a lot of credit, by the way, for mentioning that anything had happened and being willing to make it right. But he's still a newb, and still a Ford owner.

Today I ALSO:

• Replumbed the front air manifold to the rear air manifold with 1/2" OD reinforced nylon tubing
    • Replumbed from the front air manifold to the front QD with 1/2" OD reinforced nylon tubing
    • Replumbed from the front air manifold to the air horn valve with 1/2" OD reinforced nylon tubing
    • Replumbed from the front air manifold to the coalescing filter with 1/2" OD reinforced nylon tubing
    • Pressurized the system to 60psi and monitored it for 2 hours, noting loss of 6psi in that time
    • Leak-checked all of the new plumbing and connections and found zero leaks, which logically isolated the issue to the air tank carrier
    • Removed the driveshaft guard plate from the air tank carrier and leak-checked it -- confirming the aforementioned logical isolation
    • Depressurized the system
    • Disconnected and removed the air tank carrier and plugged the manifold ports for it so the truck would be drivable without worry of water entering the air system's plumbing
    • Removed the annealed copper hard line and compression fittings from the equalization line of the air tanks
    • Installed a 90 degree brass push-to-connect fitting in each air tank where the compression fittings had been, then plumbed them with 1/2" OD reinforced nylon tubing
    • Ran out of energy and daylight with which to work... so carrier reinstallation will take place in the next few days (and I might move up a bolt grade for it -- undecided, yet).

I somehow managed to take my Mom to dinner, today, too...

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    and when did this mod happen??? I just so happened to see a chevy truck pull into one of our bays at discount tire with this mod in his stock rear bumper.... got me thinkin about it
    Shortly after I did my custom Bussmann relay box and installed it, I posted pics of my overhead console switch work and this mod. Specifically I posted this photo on January 21, 2013 ... in this very thread:

As you can see I did some paint work to the bumper, too.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 05-12-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Shortly after I did my custom Bussmann relay box and installed it, I posted pics of my overhead console switch work and this mod. Specifically I posted this photo on January 21, 2013 ... in this very thread:

As you can see I did some paint work to the bumper, too.
    very nice!
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Finally got out and worked on my truck this weekend. Changed the front bowtie from gold to polished and completely removed the rear bowtie. Then finished it up with a good wash and wax.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1388.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	52014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1389.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	52015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1390.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	52016Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1391.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	52017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1392.jpg 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	52018Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1371.jpg 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	52019Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1373.jpg 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	52020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1386.jpg 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	52021

2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab, 5.3L V8, 15% Tint, Black bowties

finally got them!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	52023

and thats my 2-year-old with his collar brace on, he broke his left collarbone in half on saturday while he was with his mom at her parents house on their bed and rolled off of it :(
    he's a champ though! and he will definitely help me install these mirrors tomorrow morning

I took my truck to my body man, this morning, so he could erase what the 'touchfree' car wash did to my driver's side rear fender flare. He was going to have it done for me in the afternoon but fell behind due to a family emergency, so I pick up my ride tomorrow. (His family and mine are friends ... and his dad went to the hospital, today. Thankfully he's ok.)

Bama, truck is looking great all shined up.

reggiecab, awesome cant wait to see them on. There is a good how to on leveling the mirrors, as they often sit a bit angled (just google how to level towing mirrors silverado and you should find it.) I have all heard to throw out the directions because there is a great step by step guide on YouTube as well.

as for me.... Getting ready to make my 45 min commute to the jobsite. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for FedEx to show up today, have some new lights the wife ordered for my birthday.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

I took today off, so today I:

• Picked up my truck from my body man
    • Went to Lowe's and bought some grade 8 bolts, washers, and nuts because I didn't like the thread damage I was seeing on the zinc ones I previously used to mount the air tank carrier
    • Drove to an auction to buy some dirt, but the auction for the dirt I wanted was postponed -again-
    • Drove to the family lake house
    • Pressurized and leak-tested the air tanks in the carrier ... found 4 leaks I hadn't noticed before -- and they were NOT related to compression fittings
    • Depressurized the air tanks and removed all plugs and the draincock from each air tank
    • Cleaned all open air tank ports to make sure no old PTFE tape remained
    • Inspected and cleaned all plugs to be reused
    • Replaced two plugs as I noticed thread damage on each
    • Applied Loctite 545 pneumatic thread sealant to the plugs and draincocks and re-installed them in the air tanks
    • Allowed 2 hours of cure time (out of a total of 24) for the thread sealant
    • Pressurized the air tanks to 60psi and leak-checked them, again -- and noted there was not a single leak from any connection or fitting
    • Depressurized the air tanks and then mounted the air tank carrier under the truck, again
    • Reconnected the air tanks to the rear air manifold

After 24 hours of cure time elapses I'll repressurize the system to 120psi, leak check it again, and if everything checks out I'll leave pressure in it and start monitoring it at intervals to see what kind of variance I can expect. Now I just need my compressor bracket!

Well my 3rd cowl hood will be in tomorrow I hope it is a good one so they can get to painting it and putting it on, I'm ready........
    Finally ordered my Escalade gauge cluster today, it has the 120 MPH speedometer, Trans temp, white face and blue LEDs. It is supposed to be in by Friday.
    Ordered 4 new Michelin tires for my truck from the dealer today. 285/50-20s I hope they are as good as I have always heard they are.
    Bonus: I bought myself a new RC truck and believe it or not it is my first 4x4. LOL!!! It is the Helion Invictus monster truck 1/10th scale running on 2s Lipo 7600 Mah Battery.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blue_dynamic.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	52085

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage