GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 46 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    I pulled my rear lighting junction box and dashboard apart trying to track down the short that intermittently causes my left turn signal to flash all of my brake lights, and if i use the brakes with the left turn signal on it makes the signal stay on solid. It seems to be a problem with the flasher unit itself, so I will be replacing it with the LED compatible unit I had suggested to @SurrealOne - that way I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and be prepared for LED lighting swaps in the future. Now I just have to order that flasher online, since its $35 online and $120 locally.
    Works well!

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Works well!
    Thats good to hear. I'm going to get that ordered up today. My issues havent come back since I diagnosed it, but I know about it now, so its got to go anyway.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

I got mine inspected!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Buchanan View Post
    After some consideration (since early December) on if I could tackle the starter ring gear change myself or not, I've now decided that I'll leave it to someone with tools and knowledge. Therefore two hours was spent yesterday on clearing Red Dust from snow and winching it to a spot from were I reckon we'll manage to load it up to a trailer tomorrow. I have shop reservation for Wed, so hopefully I'll be happily cruising on my truck by later this week.
    Ok, this saga has ended happily! I've just collected Red Dust from shop, new starter ring gear, oil and filter change for tranny, new crank back oil seal, new oil pressure sensor and a bit of elbow grease (10 hours of labour, theirs, not mine I'm afraid) and the truck starts and runs very nicely, thank you.

However, the price of laziness and incompetence was close to a one thousand euros.
    The next hurdle will be yearly MOT, current one runs out end of this month, but for today and for the weekend it'll be gentle cruising to the gym and shops and possible collection of some more firewood tomorrow without a care in the world :=)

-J

I just got done washing the truck with a snow canon.... and drying it off with a commercial backpack blower and then waxing it with a 6.5inch orbital polisher and then removing the wax by hand... and tire dressing all the way around.

Got mine covered in another 1/4" of road salt this morning. Damn wisconsin weather and the lack of decent winter drivers here. She needs a washing REAL BAD!
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

Replaced the bad upper ball joint on the drivers side. Bought the ball joint press to put it in.. It made it real easy! The only problem I had was the moog rubber boot was a pain to put on then it popped off when I had it all back together!! Took another hour to get it back on.. aaaggg But I like working on my rigs. Next the Tahoe needs a new water pump because it is leaking out of the weep hole.. Then on to the intermediate steering shaft lubing mod on both!
    2002 Chevy Tahoe 4x4
    2003 Chevy Silverado 4x4

Washed my truck today at the car wash that has spotless rinse , tired now from two hours wiping the water spots off, paid $40 for a half tank of gas. replaced the thin plastic chrome and warped license plate frame with a wider black one with screw cap covers. Gave away a bottle of sticky Turtle Wax Ultra Wet Tire Shine that makes a mess and bought a two cans of Armor All Tire Foam on sale ,all I need now is a pretty girl wearing a bikini to lay across the hood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 004.jpg  
    Last edited by jnbama; 01-28-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    2012 4.8 LS

Took the truck to a mechanic I trust and handed him the keys so that he can perform routine maintenance while I'm traveling for business, next week. (I pay someone else to do this work because I can't rotate my own tires due to lower back issues ... and if I have to get someone to do it, I might as well just get them to do all of the boring stuff...)

Fresh MOT and a spanking new battery. The needle was hovering around -20 celsius this morning and the battery was dead. Luckily I always have a booster battery fully charged at home so klick klack went the cable mouths and vroom vroom said Red Dust :=)

-J