GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 50 of 239 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... Last Post byLast Post by
    Sr. Apprentice

Ham Radio Mounted...Power cable run...next is coax and antenna..and she got a nice bath today..lol

JC
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3 Reg Cab Long Box,K&N Air Filter,Toolbox,2M Amateur Radio for Emcomms.

White gauge overlay!

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

I got my new tail lights, only to find that one is cracked...so back to Amazon they go on Friday...

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I got my new tail lights, only to find that one is cracked...so back to Amazon they go on Friday...
    That sucks

I took of my airraid intake and put on the factory box with a new AMSOIL air filter (ok the filter gets delivered later today so a cheap paper went in for today). got tired of the airraid getting water in it if I played in puddles. Looking at the factory design it is actually drawing cooler air than the airraid as the sealed box has 2 opening into the fender area and not in the engine bay, plus the tube may actually be bigger than the airraid. Noticed no performance change and we will see if the mileage changes.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Put gas in her again. Oirl change is coming up and ball joint change.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

My daughter and I went splashing through some big puddles from the rain and then off roading on the way home last night. this morning was the 40 minutes with a power washer to get it all the crap off from last night as its more sandy than muddy. after it was all cleaned and the air box cleaned and dried the new AMSOIL air filter went in.

Master Mechanic

Since the weather will be nice...about 40 degrees, 1st thing 1st WASH IT, and dry it!!!!
    Then plan to get my rear window visors on, maybe install the painted mirror covers, might install the LED reverse bulbs in the new tails, put my new front plates on that just came in the mail.

And I just placed the order for my new grille!!! I found the lowest price on the internet but decided to check with a local dealer who was $1.75 higher than online dealer. I then called another local dealer who gave me a price, I told him what I could get it for and he gave me a lower price than all 3 plus I don't have to drive an extra 30 miles to get it!!! within the past month I installed the AMI black bowtie so no I'll have to think about if I want to sell that to get the AMI billet bowtie. Now the hard part will be waiting to install this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GM 19158486.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	34829

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Put gas in her again. Oirl change is coming up and ball joint change.
    I noticed that the oil life has been dropping rapidly. when I got the truck late january it was around 87%, now it's below 77%...ughh

I haven't filled my truck yet..too scared...LOL

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Changed the oil and filter. also replaced the reverse lights with a set of LED's.
    @aloxdaddy99, what wattage did you end up going with?

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

@Cheez

I like the wheels!! I want to change out my center cap though to something with a silver bowtie.

Quote Originally Posted by @[U
    Cheez[/U]

I like the wheels!! I want to change out my center cap though to something with a silver bowtie.
    Thanks! Let me know if you find something with the bowties! The Chevy gold bowtie does bother me a little bit...

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    I noticed that the oil life has been dropping rapidly. when I got the truck late january it was around 87%, now it's below 77%...ughh

I haven't filled my truck yet..too scared...LOL

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

@aloxdaddy99, what wattage did you end up going with?

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

@Cheez

Hm yeah I'd say that is quite rapid. Unless you bought it new and they have "break in" oil in it