GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 56 of 239 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Legend

Blog Entries

Looked at how much pollen has accumulated on it in the last week!!! SOUTHERN YELLOW SNOW

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marko54 View Post
    Took the duratracs off last week and sold them. Put on a new set of Goodyear Silent Armor Pro-Grades. Holy crap, for a tire that is 5 star rated for snow and ice they are the quietest tire i have owned!
    @marko54 those do look like a very nice tire. Keep us posted on the durability and mileage you get out of them.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Dropped it off at the body shop to have the rear bumper replaced... courtesy of another driver's insurance. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the 'truckness' of the Sierra 2500HD I got as a rental today.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Just finished putting 2 BLUE LED strips behind the mesh that covers the NEW SPEAKERS and rigged them to come on with the dome lights as an extra door marker...did want to make them pulse with the music which would look sweet but wasn't sure how to do that. Gotta wait till night to see how they look but if I go eat lunch with my dad I'll take a picture with his phone as my camera got wet duck hunting in January when I went in the water. Not sure what I want to do with the other 2 LED strips if I want to put them behind the mesh above the speakers in the back not which will require a bit more time which would look sweet. I'll also take a night picture if I can. What is it with me and LEDs all of a sudden? Got some grass to cut later so its another day.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

That last one looks freakin sweat!

Hey thanks Riley! I think making those lights pulse with the music may just be as simple as connecting them to your speaker wires, but don't hold me to that. I would check around and do some research for sure. Can't wait to see some pictures of them!
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

I did the same as RED Z71 Max did i washed off the SOUTHERN YELLOW SNOW off my 1985 M-1028 military truck and let it run for a while then took it and my daughter mudding then washed off all that mud.
    1998 SURBURBAN LT FULLYLOADED 6 INCH LIFT AND 35 INCH MUDDERS-1985 M-1028 MILITARY TRUCK UNDER 38 K MILES NO RUST OR DENTS RUNS LIKE NEW.2004 XL-1200R 1 OF 7 MADE BY HARLEY WITH 100 HP-1977 XL-1000 NAMED PAW PAW..We own only 4x4s dont know why just turned out that way the other 2 aint chevy so i wont list.1987 MONTE CARLO SS 555 CI BIGBLOCK 675 HP 700 QT BUILT BY DOUG HERBERT IN NC.

Quote Originally Posted by FrigginNoodles View Post
    Hey thanks Riley! I think making those lights pulse with the music may just be as simple as connecting them to your speaker wires, but don't hold me to that. I would check around and do some research for sure. Can't wait to see some pictures of them!
    Tried that. Seems there wasn't enought voltage to even make them flicker. Oh well. Waiting for my neighbor to get home so I can take a pic on his Iphone and email it to me and put it up. Don't think it looks bad.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

I picked mine up from the body shop today. I now own a dent-free vehicle for the first time ever. The new bumper looks good.

I did enjoy the 2011 Sierra 2500HD I got as a rental though - I'd love to have that to replace my F350. It had the tow mirrors on it too... those sure are nice. You can see everything - and that's a good thing because you could lose a full size person behind a truck that tall...
    Last edited by pmf608; 03-08-2012 at 07:23 PM.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	35870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	35871Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn2.jpg 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	35872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn3.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	35873

Thats them. Need to get it right when the light starts fading away to really see the lights clear though or ride in the truck. Still deciding if I want to do the other set in the rear speaker mesh or not.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Those of you looking to make the lights flicker with the music, here you go!

http://www.xoxide.com/cocasoackit.html

That and Cold Cathode tubes of your choosing and you'll have flashing lights. I had it done in my Eclipse a while back. I've got the cathodes in my truck minus the sound module now.

Now to make this post relevant! Today I finished my debadging and removed my LS stickers. (They were peeling off anyway)

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Buffed and Waxed her today... Now it's going to rain tonight... :(

Name:	cleantruck.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	35879Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cleantruck2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	35880 My Friend owns a Subrau Dealership and lets me use the shop at night..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post

Name:	tn.jpg 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	35870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	35871Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn2.jpg 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	35872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn3.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	35873

Thats them. Need to get it right when the light starts fading away to really see the lights clear though or ride in the truck. Still deciding if I want to do the other set in the rear speaker mesh or not.

Those are pretty sweet. I bet they look awesome in person. I say go for the rears!

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Buffed and Waxed her today... Now it's going to rain tonight... :(

Name:	cleantruck.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	35879Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cleantruck2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	35880 My Friend owns a Subrau Dealership and lets me use the shop at night..
    Truck is looking great @. Too bad about the rain, but seems how it always goes. I really love that hood.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com