GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 60 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Several questions:
    1) Which camera is that?
    2) Is it a colour camera?
    3) Is it an IR camera with IR emitters?
    4) Does it have a tri-colour wire-frame rectangle of where the vehicle would be if it backed up?
    4) How's the rearward view with it at that angle?

I'm asking because I'm considering replacing my backup camera. Mine's colour, is IR with emitters, and has the wire-frame ... but I'm not entirely happy with its video quality. However it was a whopping 27 bucks and intended to get my feet wet, so a replacement isn't a bank-breaker.
    I picked up this camera on eBay from a US seller for about $40 including shipping to Canada. It is color, with the IR emitters. It does have the wire-frame, and its all yellow instead of tri-color. I was hoping that it would catch the top of the bumper pad at that angle to give a better reference of where the truck actually is like I've seen with installs on 2007+ avalanches, but it seems that the older trucks don't have enough downward angle for that. I'll have to throw my draw bar into the hitch to see if it will pick that up - it would be nice to be able to see the hitch as I back up to my trailer. Overall, the view is pretty good. The color isn't the greatest, but the picture is fairly clear. The only thing it lacks on is that it picks up a lot of glare if there are headlights behind at night - it still gives a clear view of the road though. Bottom line is that I'm very happy with it... except that I somehow managed to crack the glass lens during installation.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Hooked a boat up to her and about to head out to relieve some of this week and months stress

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

I installed two rear Calipers on my truck, because they were seized solid. $80 each at Canadian Tire.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

99 Gmc Sierra 4X4 Reg Cab SL
    - 6000k HID Low beam headlights
    - 3 inch rear lift

2005 Honda Civic LX-G 4DR
    - Stock

The '95 is going in to have the back window re-tinted today. Apparently, the tint shop didn't bother to clean the glass before installing the film. There is a bunch of crud between the glass and film, which worked out well because the tint is really too dark for me at 5% anyway. I think I am going to go with 20% so I can see through it!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

gave it a good bath, and removed the SLT badges from the cab corners. The one on the drivers side was already peeling, so I just pulled it off the rest of the way, and removed the passanger side as well. scrubbed the areas real good, and you cant tell there used to be something there.

also started prepping the other three rims for paint, sanded them, and started taping areas off.

pics to follow on that topic later.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy77084 View Post
    it was raining today so I had to do a G80 check. Its working good.Works best on a left turn. But works great on a right turn just have to give her a little more juice.

Haha that cracked me up. That's gunna be my rainy day burn out excuse
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Ordered autobot valve caps. Yup ... autobot valve caps!

Replaced yet another O2 sensor. This one is the upstream one, bank 2.

I smoked my headlights. Spent about 4 hours doing it, but I got it done right!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-16_17-48-45_HDR.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	36311

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I smoked my headlights. Spent about 4 hours doing it, but I got it done right!

Wow, that looks super dark, you sure it's not illegal? I do like i though!!
    I noticed that when I smoked my fog lights (not as dark) the light appeared more yellow, have you noticed this w/ the headlights?
    I've watched videos on smoking lights and they make it look so easy by speeding up the time lapse.
    You mentioned 4 hours of labor, what were some of the issues you had? I assume you did a wet application? Did you uninstall your lights to do this?

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Today I went to a custom vinyl graphics place to check out my options for wrapping my bumpers in vinyl. Thought it would be much cheaper than trying to get bumper covers or paint my bumpers and it was so I scheduled my appointment for 2 weeks from today. I'm doing a very dark smoke grey color (Pantone Matching System 425). When I go to the appointment they said they would print some bigger swatches so I could get a better idea of the contrast against the black paint and the grey plastic underneath the bumper. I'm also doing the bowtie on the grille the same color so it contrasts a little more.

Hard to get a visual because a monitor can skew the actual color but here is a link:
    http://www.cal-print.com/InkColorChart.htm