GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 62 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Came home from spring break and my truck was covered in pollen so she got a good washing
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Well I sure hope the weather would allow you to do so. Wouldn't want all that hard work to go to waste! I bet she looks good all sparkly
    The weather person called for rain yesterday and I washed the truck anyway betting it wouldn't rain -- and it didn't. I waxed it catty-cornered in the garage (making some things tough work due to close proximity to walls) because it WAS raining in the wee hours of last night. It's raining right now, too.

I don't mind that it's raining. This is the first wax job I've been able to do to the truck and it sorely needed it; lack of beading is why this was done. (I was going to wax it around Thanksgiving but the weather turned on me after I washed it. Not letting that happen twice.)

Master Mechanic

Well I wasn't planning on doing anything to the truck today because I had a lot of other things to do. I went running and brought my house key with me, or so I thought; but when I returned home I realized I was locked out. I used the neighbors phone to get someone to unlock my house but had to wait so I decided to wash the truck. I thought it would be a waste to wash it because I didn't have anything to dry it with. After being let in the house though I was able to grab my truck keys and pull out all my detailing stuff so needless to say, 2.5 hours later the truck is spotless once again. Too hot out for waxing though so I think I might do that tomorrow night. I would have taken pictures but how many pictures of my clean truck do I need considering it's washed once a week? Okay maybe I'll take another one tomorrow after waxing...lol

Oh and today I am thankful that there are 3 water hoses outside my house and that we keep the wash bucket and soap outside.

I washed mine the other day... but one of the spinning brushes in the wash didn't work so I got a free second wash after they fixed it. Once it was clean, I found out that the people that park in my parkade at my university are a bunch of idiots and i have like 10 door scuffs down the passenger side of my truck from people opening their doors into it all winter.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

i feel ya, some peole have been dinging up my wifes car as well. my truck has had a few bumps a bo bos from people not paying attention.

its like, just because you have a POS, dosnt mean you can smack my nice ride up.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    I washed mine the other day... but one of the spinning brushes in the wash didn't work so I got a free second wash after they fixed it. Once it was clean, I found out that the people that park in my parkade at my university are a bunch of idiots and i have like 10 door scuffs down the passenger side of my truck from people opening their doors into it all winter.
    That definitely is a downer about your new door scuffs. One of the reasons I frequently wash my vehicle is to inspect for scratches so I know where not to park next time around. Do you think you'll be able to get the scratches out?

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    That definitely is a downer about your new door scuffs. One of the reasons I frequently wash my vehicle is to inspect for scratches so I know where not to park next time around. Do you think you'll be able to get the scratches out?
    I'm hoping I'll be able to get them out - none of them had dings or anything so a bit of rubbing compound and polishing compound before the polishing when I detail my truck after winter is gone should hopefully make them go away. And I will be parking on the far side of the parkade now to try to avoid other vehicles.

Used my new Adam's sealant with my PC polisher today. I'm very happy with it and highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to keep their ride looking sharp.

2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Jr. Apprentice

install new chrome impact bar and 2" leveling kit and ventshades what a great day to play with my hobby truck

Well took the old stock air intake tube out and put a Spectra adjustable air tube in. Hope that will put some better air flow in the 5.3.
    Randy AKA (Sparky)
    06 Z71 5.3L flex fuel
    6" fabTech lift
    LT315/70R17 BF All Terrain
    Pro Comp Series 1059 Wheels
    weather Tech rain shields
    Spectra air filter and air duct tube
    Cheap camo seat covers :lol: