GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 66 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... Last Post byLast Post by
    Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    Replaced the driver side window actuator for the second time in 6 months.... The one that came with the truck lasted 11 years.... I am liking GM Trucks less and less every day. Luckily I already had the door panel apart already so it took me 5 minutes to change it out since I knew how to do it already.
    was the replacement an OEM component? Asking because it doesn't make sense for the new one to only last 6 months, could there be another issue that is causing a malfunction of the motor or components around it which would not cause the window to roll up?

This is what i did yesterday

This is what i'm doing today, Got the front bumper on, and brackets on, needs a lot of changes.

Hanging the front bumper to see some of the changes that need to be made. Tractors are very helpful when you're working by yourself.

And a better look of how my truck will be when it's finished.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

I used mine to try to boost my quad, which I ended up not getting started. It flooded quickly and wouldn't go after that.

On a more positive note, I also temporarily took the license plate off my truck to put on the Spitfire to take it for a drive and get it out of hibernation.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Got it a little muddy for the first time. Probably the only time because my truck is just simply too beautiful to have mud on it! lol. I passed a mud hole and I just had to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mud.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	36858
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

got a few appreciative glances from some lovely ladies this afternoon after a haircut. other then that not a whole lot. got it a little dirty after going out to a bonfire last night.

maybe gonna wash it tomorrow, see how motivated i feel.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalYates View Post
    Got it a little muddy for the first time. Probably the only time because my truck is just simply too beautiful to have mud on it! lol. I passed a mud hole and I just had to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mud.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	36858
    I hear ya, dude. I hate washing mud off, lol.

I took my nieces car seat mount out since she outgrew her old one and the new one doesn't need one (I'm Uncle Chauffeur) and cleaned up the interior a bit. I also checked to see how my kayaks would fit on the bars up top today. Both fit upside down with a little bit of room to spare! I actually have a body lift and some fender flares to put on it, but I am still waiting for the weather to cooperate a little bit more. Also going to get some herculiner and do my rockers and flares.

Tomorrow is lounge around day ;). 40 hours at my regular job and 30 on a small side job this week have me wiped out!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalYates View Post
    wow...you are brave. Now the question is, how long will you leave it like that? And interesting pattern of rooster tails...hehe

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    This is what i did yesterday

This is what i'm doing today, Got the front bumper on, and brackets on, needs a lot of changes.

Hanging the front bumper to see some of the changes that need to be made. Tractors are very helpful when you're working by yourself.

And a better look of how my truck will be when it's finished.
    haha...I love they way you experimented and you are very resourceful. I think the bumper will look really sweet and am anxious to see it not hanging from the tractor but on your truck.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Changed the Rims yesterday... From my stock winter Rims..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	36865to the Summer Rims..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	36866 Can you see the 34 Ford in the side?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Installed new fog lights OEMClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00692-20120331-0755.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	36872

washed it, and washed the mats on the inside.

Alex