Results 701 to 710 of 2390
04-14-2012, 09:47 PM #701
- Removed my AutoLoc TL2 tailgate lock as the solenoid was dead.
- Determined that a design issue with the AutoLoc TL2 tailgate lock probably caused the failure; the TL2 mechanism was catching on the left side of the OEM tailgate latch.
- Inspected the Pop & Lock PL8110 tailgate lock with which I was going to replace the AutoLoc TL2 tailgate lock and determined that the same deisgn flaw would manifest.
- Took a cutting wheel to the OEM tailgate latch and cut/smoothed a channel for the tailgate lock
- Wired, mounted, and tested the Pop & Lock PL8110 with the modified OEM tailgate latch; all was well.
- Removed my PlasmaGlow Firestorm tailgate bar for return to PlasmaGlow under warranty.
- Cleaned up tailgate bar location on truck.
- Diagnosed problem where heat blows on the passenger side (only) when the AC is on; determined cause to be the passenger side blend door -- unsure if it's stuck or the actuator is dead.
- Determined path to get to the passenger side blend door actuator; it's buried deep in the dash.
- Located an online part that sells for half what a stealership wants for a blend door actuator. Will obtain blend door actuator part number from stealership on Monday to make sure the part is compatible and order it online...
04-14-2012, 10:00 PM #702
Replaced the seats in my '95 with actual '95 seats. (instead of the 88-94 seats it came with.)
Here's how it turned out:
"It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.
Check out my image gallery here
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)
04-14-2012, 10:11 PM #703
Installed my bed rail caps today.
2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
- Falken Rocky Mountain ATS 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint
Next Planned Mods:
Black OEM grill
"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."
04-14-2012, 10:15 PM #704
04-14-2012, 10:41 PM #705
Tailgate was down... Makes a great work bench while at the same time, it keeps the little ones from climbing in the bed and making off with my tools, although a 9/16 gear wrench managed to disappear today. I'm sure I will find it... With the mower probably!
I was afraid I would hate giving up the storage of the center console with this swap. When cleaning out the console, it was mostly junk anyhow. I would like to find a cup holder from the center jump seat on an '03. I could make that work on my 95. That slide out cup holder sort of sucks.
04-15-2012, 09:06 AM #706
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
- Lucedale, MS
- Blog Entries
Well, I had something go wrong on my truck for the first time that required immediate attention. I had the right rear caliper lock up on me so I found a new pair of rear calipers at Oreilly's and painted them, installed them and bled out the rear brakes Friday night.. Got done at 12:30 AM. All is well now, I guess it is not unusual for the calipers to need changing after 10 years. I hope the front doesn't go out any time soon, I hate working on brakes.
---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------
04-15-2012, 11:35 AM #707
Finished fuel pump replacment fiasco. Discovered a leak in the feed line at one of the so called "quick connect" fittings near the vapor canister. At least my fuel gauge works now, lol.
04-15-2012, 02:49 PM #708
Installed my new low profile tonneau cover. Will get some pictures of it tomorrow after I wash it, since it is supposed to be nice weather here.
04-15-2012, 11:23 PM #709
04-16-2012, 05:47 AM #710
New Exterior Door Handle, Alternator, Belt, Idler and Tensioner. Oil Change With Penzoil Hi Milage and Fram Filter, Replace Blower Switch.
184K and Still Going Strong.
By ZSI52 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 47Last Post: 09-03-2012, 02:32 PM
By pmf608 in forum Chevy Truck TalkReplies: 21Last Post: 07-25-2012, 11:53 AM
By texas99lb in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)Replies: 10Last Post: 01-06-2010, 02:13 AM
By Delmarva in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)Replies: 0Last Post: 11-11-2009, 12:39 PM
By etpn13 in forum GM PowertrainReplies: 2Last Post: 04-22-2009, 03:45 PM