GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 80 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Oh I know this very well, big difference in the interior temps in my 85 Scottsdale from before and after. I just don't see taking down the old headliner and put it back up, when I got a new one coming. Kill two birds with one stone.

So take your pillar covers and headliner out ... and leave them out until the new headliner arrives. This lets you get your material in without waiting ... and also reduces the labor you must do when it arrives.

Called the dealer today and made an appointment for them to find out why Im so sluggish in overdrive and my rpm's are so low at highway speeds.(Like 1400rpms at 67mph). Im thinking that the 3.42 gearing is not low enough for the 35's and its not getting into the powerband to keep it in overdrive. But If there is no other problems I wonder if they will change the gearing under warranty. Besides I bought the truck with the lift and tires on it brand new from the dealer so if its not right they should take care of it I hope..

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Called the dealer today and made an appointment for them to find out why Im so sluggish in overdrive and my rpm's are so low at highway speeds.(Like 1400rpms at 67mph). Im thinking that the 3.42 gearing is not low enough for the 35's and its not getting into the powerband to keep it in overdrive. But If there is no other problems I wonder if they will change the gearing under warranty. Besides I bought the truck with the lift and tires on it brand new from the dealer so if its not right they should take care of it I hope..
    You definitely need gears. I would go 4.10 min, but IMO 4.56 would be my choice.

yeah 07 Im sure your right. And I have a feeling the dealer is going to tell me nothing is wrong. Then im going to have to call GM and probably explain my concerns with the shifting all the time and ask them how long they think the tranny constantly shifting is going to last. I can see the runaround I will probably get before I even get it BUT, Im going to give the benefit of the doubt..I would think gears would be less expensive than a transmission.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    yeah 07 Im sure your right. And I have a feeling the dealer is going to tell me nothing is wrong. Then im going to have to call GM and probably explain my concerns with the shifting all the time and ask them how long they think the tranny constantly shifting is going to last. I can see the runaround I will probably get before I even get it BUT, Im going to give the benefit of the doubt..I would think gears would be less expensive than a transmission.
    x2 on the 4.56 gears. I have about the same size tires as you and when I had 3.83s my truck was a dog especially off the line or while off-roading. With your gear ratio, it would even be worse. Odd that when they lifted your truck they did not put in the right gear ratio since by not doing so it will take a toll on your tranny. I'll be interested in seeing what the dealer says about this since the lift and tires came from the dealer. They should re-gear for free...at least IMO.
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 05-01-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: type o

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Yeah I think, mfleet, that If they dont take care of it then Im gonna call the uplift company Rocky Ridge in Ga and find out who the idiot was that drove it and thought it was ready to ship.. these trucks are sold all over and this isnt right.. Dealer told me when I made the appt. That they will scan it and find out what the problem is. They seem to think its something else but I dont think so..
    Last edited by the phantom; 05-01-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Don't let the dealer jerk you around make them regear it. I've seen those rocky ridge editions here in TN. You would think they would address this problem before it becomes wide spread. It should be covered since you bought it new that way. Stand your ground they can't deny you.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

For 35" tires I'd agree that 4.56's are where you want to (and should already) be.

I left my truck in the Garage out of the weather so she could dry out for a spell. can't afford to take a drive till weekend. going to see my grandchildren
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"