GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 94 of 239 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

yeah, I understand your frustration there. Fortunately my neighbors are pretty good about it but in the small town I lived in a few years back, I wouldn't have dared do that little test run because the town rent-a-cops had nothing better to do than harass people for stuff like that.

And I'm looking forward to seeing how these reverse lights work tonight. They sure look a lot better than the incandescent lights. My running board LEDs got quite a few comments from various people along my journey out camping and back this weekend.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

The solution to that problem is to live somewhere with fewer neighbors ... ideally the kind of place where tractor crossing signs are common and so are tractors on the road. Out in the country no one much cares what you put on the road; people actually mind their own business instead of yours.

put $30 worth of gas in it, and hauled a treadmill for a neighbor. glad i have it line-xed. makes hauling things so much easier.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Had to haul the cobra back from the track. Blew out the rear end doing a good 120 or so and did a few spin and slapped a wallof tires, at least the only body damage was the mirrors, looks like I'm going to be re building the IRS. Had a nice 2 hour ride home to pick up my truck and trailer then 2 hours back to get it. Picked a great day not to trailer it to the track
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    Had to haul the cobra back from the track. Blew out the rear end doing a good 120 or so and did a few spin and slapped a wallof tires, at least the only body damage was the mirrors, looks like I'm going to be re building the IRS. Had a nice 2 hour ride home to pick up my truck and trailer then 2 hours back to get it. Picked a great day not to trailer it to the track
    thats rough. sorry to hear

pulled my fender flares off. hopefully get the new ones on tomorrow
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I'm still working on the inside with the color changes. pictures will come later. As for the ATV talk I live in the country with tractors being on the road & for som reason my neighbor feels that he has to ride his 4wheeler in my yard all the time. Seeing a barbwire fence in the future lol.
    2007 Silverado RS, 4.8 V8, 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown
    Black painted front grille & bumper
    Black / red Painted bowties
    Black 18in. Silverado wheels
    Black / Red interior conversion (in process)
    89 Chevy Sport tribute decals

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    I really like it, looks good on the truck! Do you know what brand it is? I've been thinking about putting one of these on the truck to mount some extra lights.
    I'm not sure what brand it is. I will see if I can find out. It's def not westin. I like it because it attaches through the bumper to the tow hooks. I don't like the ones that go under the bumper. Search craigslist or facebook market in your area there are always truck stuff for sale. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	39833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	39834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	39835

Jr. Apprentice

Seems like every time I pull up to a stop light someone wants to race. Four wide at a stop light F150 5.4, F250 Powerstroke, and a Chevy 2500. Still no one had anything for the VMax. Duramax was closest to me but I still had him by a truck length. Fords were the ones reving their engines and they had nothing for us.

cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust, 3.73 gears, power programmer, premium tune= 400+ hp and 11 miles per gallon

Dropped in 8 new 60G glow plugs on Saturday. She started up like a new truck. Can't wait to call her mine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vanrear.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	39845

Brian Larson CST. KC9DAK.
    Janesville WI.
    87 GMC G20 6.2 diesel.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by jlowe165 View Post
    I'm not sure what brand it is. I will see if I can find out. It's def not westin. I like it because it attaches through the bumper to the tow hooks. I don't like the ones that go under the bumper. Search craigslist or facebook market in your area there are always truck stuff for sale.
    It looks like the smittybilt one. http://www.autoanything.com/grille-g...0A3315836.aspx
    Which I've been looking at so if this is what it looks like I may add the black one to the wish list; that is if the black is glossy.

thanks.