GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 95 of 239 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... Last Post byLast Post by

I pulled my head unit out to try installing ground loop isolators to get rid of the alternator whine caused by the adapter for my aftermarket radio. Then I took the radio out a second time because the isolators worked when I tested them, but not once I put the radio back in and I decided that having them in the line wouldn't help sound quality if they didnt change anything. Then I took the radio out a 3rd time because the GPS antenna had been pulled off of the metal bracket in the dash that it was mounted on while I was working on everything earlier.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    thats rough. sorry to hear

pulled my fender flares off. hopefully get the new ones on tomorrow
    This is why I drive Chevys they don't blow up on me. Good news is it didn't crack or bend my control arms just need a new diff.its almost cracked in two I guess the 680 ft/lb was to much
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I've seen alot of those bull bars on ebay & seems like they run in the $150 range. I've thought about getting one for my truck but on a 2wd doesn't seem right you know like seeing a Z71 on 24 in wheels with rubber band tires, just a little weird.
    Last edited by dadngt; 05-22-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    2007 Silverado RS, 4.8 V8, 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown
    Black painted front grille & bumper
    Black / red Painted bowties
    Black 18in. Silverado wheels
    Black / Red interior conversion (in process)
    89 Chevy Sport tribute decals

Quote Originally Posted by dadngt View Post
    I've seen alot of those bull bars on ebay & seems like they run in the $150 range. I've thought about getting one for my truck but on a 2wd doesn't seem right you know like seeing a Z71 on 24 in wheels with rubber band tires, just a little weird.
    I see plenty of bull bars on 2wd, and to each his own right? That is the beauty of modding! If YOU like it then that is all that really matters

Click the ^banner^ and save up to 15% on Chevy mods.
    We price match, simply call 888-591-8563 or
    Click-to-Chat and
    we'll beat ANY price by $1.

*View our 2011 Silverado Build Page here

Quote Originally Posted by dadngt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark@Autoanything View Post
    I see plenty of bull bars on 2wd, and to each his own right? That is the beauty of modding! If YOU like it then that is all that really matters
    Agree!!! I have a 2WD and I will be doing some mods soon. If you like the way it looks, get it… It is your truck and worse case you keep whatever you are replacing, wrap it up and put it in the shed. If you get rid of your truck for a new one or whatever sell or switch the parts back out.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

About to put about 60 miles or so on her coupled with about 90$ worth of gas to go run my CFT coming up in a few hours. She's lucky I love her or I'd be riding a horse . But I might wash all the bugs off the front end and windshield before I go.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

finished installing my new EGRUSA fender flares and washed it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck flares.jpg  
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

looking good dude!

how you like those, kinda makes me want a set of those for mine....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    looking good dude!

how you like those, kinda makes me want a set of those for mine....

Alex
    Thanks
    I like them alot so far. they look good with the bigger tires as the flares stick out a bit more than standard flares. the wife and I also decided to keep them black instead of color matched as we thought it went well with the rest of the black on the truck.

Took my truck back to dealership for third time in about a month due to continued CEL.. at first I thought I had put on gas cap wrong, after a week or two of CEL coming on, checking gas cap and clearing code, I made first trip to dealer and I bought a new gas cap..about 10 days later CEL came on again.. took to dealer and they replaced vent solenoid, for free under warranty.. about 4-5 days later driving to work CEL AGAIN! so today they replaced something they called a fuel pressure switch or something to that effect, thankfully once again free. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't see that CEL for a long time..

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"