GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 98 of 239 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Today I removed my fog lamps and did headlight restoration on the plastic lenses. The haze is now gone and they're curing as I type this.

Master Mechanic

[QUOTE=sevi084x4;476200]
    Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Yep...definitely makes the truck stick out s little more. And i can't wait until headlights come in next week to add to the excitement.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

What kind of headlights did you order for the truck? im assuming/ hoping black haha
    Yes of course I got the black ones...hehe. I might try to carefully paint the outside plastic and metal surrounding on the parking light bulbs so they blend in with the black housings of the the new lights.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lovinthestorm View Post
    i demolded my truck today finally. Pics later. Think it's time to put a litlle wax on her.

pics...pics!

Put a new, chrome upper fan shroud on from spectre... never buy one the little plastic bolts they tell you are supposed to be shoved through the radiator to hold it on pull through the plastic washers after driving for about 2-3 hrs. i now have to take it off before it lets go completely and i tear up my brand new fan . On the bright side, got a quote on some exhaust the other day and flowmaster mufflers are on their way! (no x-pipes like previously planned due to budget reasons but should still be better than a straight pipe on one side and a blown apart glass pack on the other >.<)

5.7L 350| .420 Cam | Bored 0.030 | Edelbrock intake manifold | 600 Cfm Edelbrock Carburetor | Long tube headers | Shift kit | Chrome dress up kit | Flowmaster 40's exhaust | Edelbrock heads | Custom paint
    SOLD

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

HONORARY CANUCK

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4squared View Post
    Put a new, chrome upper fan shroud on from spectre... never buy one the little plastic bolts they tell you are supposed to be shoved through the radiator to hold it on pull through the plastic washers after driving for about 2-3 hrs. i now have to take it off before it lets go completely and i tear up my brand new fan . On the bright side, got a quote on some exhaust the other day and flowmaster mufflers are on their way! (no x-pipes like previously planned due to budget reasons but should still be better than a straight pipe on one side and a blown apart glass pack on the other >.<)
    Sounds like the truck is coming right along. The flowmaster mufflers will be good on your ride

Gave my Silverado a good wash and put a chrome handle on the tailgate.

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoor's Guy View Post
    Gave my Silverado a good wash and put a chrome handle on the tailgate.
    What kind of wash soap do you use? Any pics of the new tailgate handle?

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Dusted the pollen off twice within 3 hours...

Just realized that 4 months ago today is when I traded my hatchback for my truck and from that point on my savings account stared to drain.

just put brakes on the 67

Wash and waxed the girl today.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

This morning I reinstalled my fog lamps. Relatively boring, I know...

damn near got side swipped today by some idiot in a VW...... wasnt paying any attention when he changed lanes and almost clipped me as he zipped past. oh well, he didnt hit me, so i guess ill be grateful that everything is ok.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers