GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 99 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Today I installed LED's through out the truck (dome,map,license plate, and low beams). Would have done the fogs but ordered or sent the wrong color. They sent a beautiful blue color that looked great, but wouldn't work at all. I also took the ethanol badge off my truck and changed the back emblem to a black billet emblem. I do have to say the low beam led's are not very bright at all and will not remain there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1484.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	40048
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1490.jpg  
    Last edited by LOVINTHESTORM; 05-28-2012 at 10:18 AM.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Alright so here some more photos of the changes.

Name:	100_1486.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	40054
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1483.jpg   100_1464.jpg   100_1465.jpg   100_1475.jpg   100_1468.jpg  

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

Lovinthestorm Truck looks good. I've been thinking about swapping the interior lights to leds but don't exactly know the whole process or if its just as simple as changing a light bulb. Do you have to take the headlight covers off at night? I had to on my old 89 Silverado or I wouldn't be able to see anything.
    2007 Silverado RS, 4.8 V8, 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown
    Black painted front grille & bumper
    Black / red Painted bowties
    Black 18in. Silverado wheels
    Black / Red interior conversion (in process)
    89 Chevy Sport tribute decals

Just finished using the winch to pull the bumper of Nakranij's truck away from the driver's side front tire ... so that his truck is once again drivable. Hopefully he gets his new bumper on soon ... but this should help in the mean time.

Kinda thought I was finished painting flames on the engine cover but due to paint sticking more to the tape than the cover I'll probably be working on this project tomorrow.

Changed the break-in oil today on the Phantom to Mobile 1, greased the tierod ends and noticed that there are no other grease fittings on the front end components that I usually see. Saw another one of Rocky Ridge's fine workmanship with the rubber that goes in the front swaybar all squwashed out and not in its place.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front sway bar.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	40065 Also seen a dent in my driveshaft that I must have missed when I inspected the truck when I got it.Also Installed my Led reverse lights. Next on the list is to find the rattle in my drivers side rear door driving me nuts.
    Last edited by the phantom; 05-28-2012 at 08:23 PM.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by dadngt View Post
    Lovinthestorm Truck looks good. I've been thinking about swapping the interior lights to leds but don't exactly know the whole process or if its just as simple as changing a light bulb. Do you have to take the headlight covers off at night? I had to on my old 89 Silverado or I wouldn't be able to see anything.
    Thanks Dadngt, the LED upgrade is just a simple bulb swap. And yes I do have to remove them at night. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They are just temporary until I get what I really want.

Convenience Package

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by LOVINTHESTORM View Post
    Alright so here some more photos of the changes.
    Wow, the truck is looking awesome! Nice job on the molding removal, I like the results. The LEDs are very cool too. What did you mean about low-beam LEDs?

Master Mechanic

Spent a lot of time working on the truck today, although most of the time was due to 1st experience projects but here are the sequence of events for the day.

First I dusted off the pollen

Name:	IMG_1001.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	40078

Shined up the tires and did a total interior cleaning. Wiping, vacuum, and light upholstery cleaning (some cleaning products spilled onto my seat)

Name:	IMG_1003.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	40079

Then I worked on installing painted door handles from my old truck ('09 Sierra). I had a heck of a time with the passenger side. The door panel didn't want to come off but I managed to make enough space to do what I needed. Hours later, and all scratched up, the passenger side was done. Drivers side, piece of cake, 20 minutes tops (today I'm thankful I didn't have the same difficulties I had with the other side.

Name:	IMG_1010.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	40080

I brought out the black nerf bars with hopes of trying them out but didn't get around to it so I loaded them into the back of the truck.
    I dusted the truck off again (3rd time that day) then put some gas in it. Now I'm about to order some low-beam bulbs for my new headlights that have a planned delivery date of 5/31.

Good weekend for the truck, she got lots of new things as I reached a milestone of owning her for 4 months on 5/27.

Got the second wind & desided on finishing the engine cover today rather than putting it off. I'm overall happy with the results. After installing it back on the truck & snapping this pic I closed the hood & realized I just used up some more paint & alot of masking tape on something I won't see very often & no one else will see at all lol. Mostly for the experance.

Name:	firecoversm.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	40085
    Last edited by dadngt; 05-28-2012 at 10:07 PM.