GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 87 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Ordered new set of rims/tires from tirerack... buffed/waxed and cleaned the interior. I can not believe the diference a buffing made. Getting it ready a little each week for the king of trucks show int syracuse NY.... I we go it will only be for one day (Sat). Wontstand a chance against those guys with $30k worth of upgrades.. but my truck is really nice for a daily driver.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Removed the brushguard from the Phantom and installed a center bumper grill(hard to see in pic) and gave it a bath.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brushgaurd off.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	39279

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Former Member

Installed Husky splash shields and Ionic running boards today. Maybe install my Uniden Grant tomorrow?

I highly recommend the Ionic boards, they are no drill and took about an hour to install.

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    Removed the brushguard from the Phantom and installed a center bumper grill(hard to see in pic) and gave it a bath.
    IMHO your truck looks a LOT better without the brush guard. The clutter reduction is substantial.

As for what I did to my truck, today, I washed it, did some bulb swaps so that I could review three different bulbs as part of my zXe review, installed my Gen2 customized (by me) Yukon Denali headlights, and snapped a few pics of those. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    IMHO your truck looks a LOT better without the brush guard. The clutter reduction is substantial.
    Yeah I visioned the brushgaurd off when I bought the truck but gave it a chance. I like it better without it myself. Thanks Surreal.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brushgaurd off.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	39279
    DAMN that looks alot better man. That is one mean looking truck. Did you buy it straight off the lot like that, or did you add the mods on yourself?
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Changed the rear diff fluid for the first time today (blacker that the suburbs of New Orleans) and planning on doing the transmission fluid and filter next. Also packed a bit more grease into the yoke to reduce the slap from when it changes gears. Gave her a bit of a bath to the windshield and might change the oil today since the light came on in the message center. Reset it but might just change the oil filter for Schlitz and Millers.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalYates View Post
    DAMN that looks alot better man. That is one mean looking truck. Did you buy it straight off the lot like that, or did you add the mods on yourself?
    Thanks Animal. I added the Headlight covers, Led taillights, 3rd brakelight, Hood, and bed rail covers. everthing else was on it (lift, rims & tires, wind gaurds, fender flares, nerf bars, color matched door handles ect.) when I bought it off the lot with 300 miles on it new.

Agreeed . Looks much better with out the guard at the door.

SurRealone I like the light mod. Waiting for reviews.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, found out that my transmission mount seems to be broken...so a trip to the dealership is in the plans for tomorrow. Thank God for extended warranties.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI