GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 93 of 239 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Today I re-installed my (warranty replacement) PlasmaGlow Firestorm tailgate bar. While I hope I don't have to remove it, again, I used a terminal block and lugs in case something requires its removal, once more. (No more mucking with wires splices and solder; just remove the sealnt from the block, unscrew the terminals, and remove the lugs.)

I also loaded a new Diablew tune to the tuner ... for use tomorrow morning.

Legend

Blog Entries

Installed a new Banks Ram Air CAI and got a new Diablosport InTune Programmer

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

put a K&N drop in air filter in this morning. thats about it for today.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Giving her a break. Might change the idler pulley and a/c belt as they both started squealing on the journey to Huntsville

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Today I installed a new Diablew tune, did a WOT log run, and provided the WOT log to Lew.

I detailed my truck in and out. Also I replaced both back panel speakers with Infinity 5 ½” that my neighbor gave me.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Got the transfer case back together and back in the truck.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

I towed my trailer with the quads home from camping and installed my new LED reverse lights. They are very similar to the ones @AMac installed, but these ones have some small LEDs facing outwards to light up the housing more while the main 5W LED provides the actual reverse light. Now I'm just waiting for my LED DRLs to get here so that all of my exterior courtesy lights in the dark will be LEDs.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

traded my silverado for a tahoeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	6w_800.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	39793
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    I towed my trailer with the quads home from camping and installed my new LED reverse lights. They are very similar to the ones @AMac installed, but these ones have some small LEDs facing outwards to light up the housing more while the main 5W LED provides the actual reverse light. Now I'm just waiting for my LED DRLs to get here so that all of my exterior courtesy lights in the dark will be LEDs.

Okay now I'm jealous...hehe. Trails around here don't open up until this weekend. My ATV has been sitting for quite some time and had low air in the front tires so I decided to pump them up and let the engine run. I took a ride down my street, 4 houses down to a stop sign then turned around. I was literally going 5mph and riding on the side of the road. I mainly wanted to get the tires rotated to avoid flat spots. The old man between house 2 and 3 decided to yell at me and ask it if was registered to ride on the street. I politely responded with, "Sir, I'm going 5mph and just need to let it run" He cut me off after every word so finally I said YES it's registered and took off...still going under 15mph . I know this is off topic but figured you might understand my frustration with my grumpy neighbor; people with ATVs tend to ride them .2 miles down their street for test runs right? After all I'm going a lot slower than the cars and motorcycles that fly down our road.

Oh and I like the lights! You'll definitely have to share some pics when you get the others too. I've been getting some looks from Ford drivers...hehe