GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 105 of 239 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2390

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    WOW! I figured they wouldn't be cheap......But WOW!

But that sure is the sound I've been wanting to put into my truck!
    You can listen to samples of them on the site. I would love to have one of these in my truck. 170db is loud. I think that I have a stepper motor going out in my instrument cluster and my CD player is now taking and ejecting discs s-l-o-w-l-y. So, I will address those issues first. Then I will try to find a way to talk my wife into it. A guy cut us off last night on the freeway and it helped my case. I think that a 170db train horn would make someone urinate themselves. The site says that it can be heard from up to 4 miles away.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Oh ya! I listened to the samples! That's why I said it's the sound I've been wanting to put into my Burb. I'd love to drop one in right now, but I just got done dropping a crate motor in it and now I'm in the middle of working on the body so I can throw some new paint on it.
    But someday..........

Drove it for the first time in a week yesterday. The wife has been driving it since it's about a 40 mile round trip to get to work. I hate Volkswagen's.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

Believe it or not my CEL light came on again on my way to work today. This will be the sixth trip to the dealership in less than 2 months. For those who haven't followed my posts/rants about this, I am on the second new OEM gas cap, new fuel pressure sensor, and new fuel solenoid.. Last week they said they did a "smoke" test and it pointed to the gas cap.. I just don't know anymore, my '07 only has 26,xxx light miles on it, I just don't understand how a GM ASE technician can't fix this after so many attempts..

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

Quote Originally Posted by MoBillyAla View Post
    Believe it or not my CEL light came on again on my way to work today. This will be the sixth trip to the dealership in less than 2 months. For those who haven't followed my posts/rants about this, I am on the second new OEM gas cap, new fuel pressure sensor, and new fuel solenoid.. Last week they said they did a "smoke" test and it pointed to the gas cap.. I just don't know anymore, my '07 only has 26,xxx light miles on it, I just don't understand how a GM ASE technician can't fix this after so many attempts..
    Man this has got to be discouraging. This is a warranty issue for sure. You need to tell them to take your truck give you a loaner and don't call you until it's fixed. This can't continue like this. I am pissed off for you. Sorry dude I hope this gets fixed soon. You might have to try that other dealership like you once suggested.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Wish I could afford some of those horns, I just opted for these cheap ones for now. I was more interested in seeing how I would install.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download (1).jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	40384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	40385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download (2).jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	40386
    Heres the Switches
    4.8L Vortec | 6inch Lift | 35'' BFG ALL TERRAINS | K&N Intake | AirRaid Throttle Body Space | 3inch straight pipe dumped at rear axle | BlackBear Tuned | 2 13in JL Audio Subs | 1000watt HD amp, 2.9 cap | Kenwood Dble Din | Gibson Hi Flo Cats | HIDs Hi/Los 55watt 8000k |4.56 gears |

Just washed and waxed my truck it's a beauty ......the looks I get when I'm rolling down my neighborhood are priceless")

Quote Originally Posted by MoBillyAla View Post
    I feel for ya Mo :-/ I just went through some similar headaches with my crate motor change. I wont bore you with the long drawn out details, but I will tell you it drove me nuts and had me acting outside of my normal character with service techs towards the end of it all.

I hope they finally get it all worked out for you and it runs trouble free for many years to come. But I will say that I've been a detractor of newer vehicles for a long time now just for these types of reasons. So many electronics and extra junk on them that they are almost designed to be problematic and not last for the long haul. :-/

Everytime I hear an add tralking about how much more a computer will do for the new models, all I can think is "Oh boy, something else to fail and cause problems!"

Job security for the engineers.
    I washed my girl and then waxed her as I was finishing a dazed woman backed into my front bumper. She then said she didn't back into me cause it was in neutral. HUH? Yup thats what I said. 7 witnesses and she still says she wasn't rolling backwards. No visible damage to front end of my vehicle but the toyta may need services from a body shop.
    Going to have shop check out all front end components and make sure everything is where it needs to be.
    But my girl still loves to show off after her wash and wax. Oh also rotated and balanced tires for her
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Today I researched (and measured for) adjustable drop hitches ... and narrowed my preferences down to a 6" (adjustable) drop hitch from either DiversiTech (http://www.diversi-tech.net/Hitches%20Page.htm) or Andersen Manufacturing (http://www.andersenhitches.com/Catalog/rapid-hitch.aspx). I liked the locking mechanisms and tight integration of the Diversitech offerings the best, however, I also realized that they are over-engineered for my use, as I will need an external locking mechanism and additional key to keep my receiver cover in place -- which basically negates all the nice locking stuff and single key approach the Diversitech offerings have going on.

I also noted that Diversitech only offers 2" & 2 5/16" ball combos; there was no 1 7/8" & 2" ball combo option from Diversitech. I'm far more prone to needing 1 7/8" or 2" than something larger, as I've only got a 1500 (and, thus, won't be towing monster loads that need huge hitch balls), thus, I ordered the 6" drop Rapid Hitch with 1 7/8" & 2" ball combo -- made by Andersen Manufacturing. Hopefully I see it by the middle of next week.