GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 141 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2390

Well I've been researching this for a while but today I did it. Sent my deposit to Black Bear Performance. Going to Atlanta next month to get a in person tune. Super excited. Also going to purchase the EFILive AutoCal so I can store different tunes and datalog for retuning after future mods.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Nice! Looks good and definitely gives the truck more personality.
    Thanks! I think so too!

I haven't done anything to my '01 Silverado recently but today I made a shopping/pricing list of some parts. A few months back I made a huge "to do" list of things I both need to do and want to do to it as it approches 150,000 miles. It is currently at 144,000 so I figure I'll start shopping/buying now. I do have a week of vacation coming up in about a month so I figure I'll use that time to work on some the more pressing issues. So, a month from now, I will be: replacing the battery, replacing the spark plugs and wires, dropping in a K&N air filter (not a CAI, just the OE replacement), replacing the fuel filter, replacing the OE muffler with a Flowmaster muffler - for better flow and sound - and finally replacing the faulty fuel pump. The new fuel pump should fix the sluggish start and the inaccurate fuel gauge.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Today i do nothing just take my truck and just drive a long way.I just changed some parts of my truck and it give a super mileage.
    http://www.amwasia.com

Put gas in it really as a bigger gas tank for the generator. Thats about it. Might get called out/asked later tonight with the PD to move some of their crap which after the new chief (I HOPE) gets elected, they'll get their own damn truck to pull their crap.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Just got the truck and my first mod is a window vent kit and a bug deflector which were bought today but arrive tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by LBAR1 View Post
    Just got the truck and my first mod is a window vent kit and a bug deflector which were bought today but arrive tomorrow.
    would like to see a pic of the truck
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Jr. Apprentice

Master cylinder, and a brake line in the Yukon XL, headlight bulb in the Silverado

Here's a couple I took with the iPhone on Saturday when I went for the test drive and I take delivery on Wednesday, 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 with 101,000 km on it and drives like new.

* My post are intended for entertainment purposes only and should not be taken serious unless I'm posting in the Buy/Sell section of this board and all opinions are that of mine ONLY.

Swapped my fuel pump today.

2001 Silverado 5.3l 4wd. Lifted bed method. New pump was a ACDelco GT280 style connector which is an upgrade from GM's old faulty 4 square pin connector. It's now 4 pin across. Had the cut the main oem connector into order to wire everything up.

Old connector: black, grey, purple & orange.
    GT280 connector: blank, black, grey & purple.

I connected purple to purple, which is power. Black to black. Orange to black and grey to grey. You apparently can connect either black to orange and/or black.

Thought I would help out people out there that can't understand wiring diagrams like myself. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. This is what I did and my truck seems to be working fine.

I used those electrical tube connectors to hook the four wires up. I hope it will hold up against the elements.
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.