GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 143 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2390

Today I troubleshot and replaced the bypass module of the alarm system because it had died. Fun. Not. :(

Hmmm... Well, on the flipside, that $50 bought you a couple of days of hope!

Hope isn't cheap.

Skippy
    2006 Vortec Max 1500
    Performance:
    -Custom Tune (389HP 440 Ft/lbs Trq - Dyno'd) | Volant CAI | Magnaflow Dual-in/out Exhaust w/3" stainless pipe tips | Fully Built Transmission w/ Red Eagle Clutches & Kolene Steels w/ Corvette Servos and Stage2 Shift Kit | 35K Tranny Cooler | Mobil 1 | Royal Purple Rear Diff
    Other:
    -Spray-in Bed Liner
    -Premium Sound w/lifetime Satellite Radio | Leather | Sunroof | Heated Seats
    -Limbstriping from USING the truck (those are badges of honor)

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Today I troubleshot and replaced the bypass module of the alarm system because it had died. Fun. Not. :(
    I take it the module is in a hard to reach spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Hmmm... Well, on the flipside, that $50 bought you a couple of days of hope!

Hope isn't cheap.

Skippy
    LOL...... Don't even get me started on the cost of hope and change! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    I take it the module is in a hard to reach spot?
    No, it's not. If you know where it is it can be reached in 3 mins with minor wrenching. (And if you don't, it's a goose chase to guess!)

However, the symptoms are such that it could have been a blown fuse (checked all of those), a bad ground (checked those), a loose wire or a short (checked EVERY wire for those), or a bad module. Tracing and checking wires is no fun ... and it turned out to be the module. I'd much rather it have been a fuse, a loose wire, or a lame ground.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    No, it's not. If you know where it is it can be reached in 3 mins with minor wrenching. (And if you don't, it's a goose chase to guess!)

However, the symptoms are such that it could have been a blown fuse (checked all of those), a bad ground (checked those), a loose wire or a short (checked EVERY wire for those), or a bad module. Tracing and checking wires is no fun ... and it turned out to be the module. I'd much rather it have been a fuse, a loose wire, or a lame ground.
    Well I can relate to trying to trace wiring and other electronics to find a problem as noted by my ealier posts! :-/
    So I feel for you and your search. Now if I could just find some resolution for my issue!

Default New spedo cluster

Installed a white faced, 140mph gauge cluster. Looks good and was easy to install. Now I have all 6 guages also!

WHEW! Spent a lot of money today buying parts. At the local Autozone, I purchased a set of spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, battery and PCV valve. On-line, I ordered a new muffler, fuel pump and air filter. All this stuff will be installed in about three weeks when I will be on vacation. With all these parts, being new and installed at the same time, I am really hoping for a noticeable performance increase - both at the gas pedal and the gas pump.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Finished up the weekend of installing 4" Rancho Lift with 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on ATX Artillerys. What a pain! At least it is done and looks awesome IMO. One very happy guy here!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lift1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	43347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lift2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	43348
    There is no problem that can't be solved with the liberal application of C-4!

Luke, Florida
    1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (SOLD)
    2006 Pontiac GTO LS2, K&N CAI, SLP Loudmouth Cat-back Exhaust
    2009 GMC Sierra All-Terrain CCSB, Rancho 4" Lift w/ RS9000XL shocks, K&N CAI, Airaid TBS, Flowmaster 40 series, DiabloSport Trinity, ATX Artillary 18x9, Nitto Trail Grappler 295/70/18, Yakima Bike Rack, Line-X, Access Vanish Tonneau Cover, 15% Tint all around, Wet Okole Seat Covers.

Drove it to the store! LOL!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)