GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 148 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2390

I done nothing just had a long drive with the truck and feel so happy but tired too
    http://www.amwasia.com

Finally installed the heated seat kit. Took longer than the quoted shop rate of 3 hrs. though! They work great, now I can drive around this winter with the window rolled down and still keep warm! Filled in that empty hole in the dash also!!

Drove 102 miles round trip and filled up afterward. Ouch! (Gas prices being up again hurts when I fill from empty...)

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Drove 102 miles round trip and filled up afterward. Ouch! (Gas prices being up again hurts when I fill from empty...)
    I know what you mean! Putting 31 gallons in at a time and seeing a total of around $125 is depressing. So I have been filling up at half a tank just so I don't see that $125 price tag. Yes, I am still using the same amount of fuel, but the sticker shock does not sting as much.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I can live with the price (that doesn't mean I like it), but reauthorizing at the pump makes me mad. The limits they place on the pump credit/debit card systems need to scale with the price of fuel!

lol, nothing like scanning your card 2-3 times so you can fill up.

I can live with the price (that doesn't mean I like it), but reauthorizing at the pump makes me mad. The limits they place on the pump credit/debit card systems need to scale with the price of fuel!
    The price limit has risen a little bit. It used to be $75 max but over the past few years it has been upped at most places to $125. Personally, I think the limit is silly for two reasons: 1) there are millions of drivers that have trucks and we all easily go past $75 when we completely fill up. 2) a limit is pretty pointless when all you have to do is reswipe the card.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

I agree. I fill up at the shell stations here, which are all set at a $100 limit. Some of them will let me authorize for more if I'm using debit instead of credit (debit cards are a much bigger thing in Canada than the states). I have to say I don't want a fill-up and tell it I want something like $140 instead.

What really frustrates me though is when the pump won't let you authorize at the pump and you have to go pre-pay inside.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

I spend almost $90 a week on unleaded....... and 80% of that is my commute between work and home. When I bought the truck..... it was $30 a week 12 years ago. My Annual salary has not trippled either.

If its any consultation, I have to drive 48 miles one way to work and back each day.... But I also have a company truck with a company fuel card, so my beautiful truck gets to look pretty in the driveway while I'm at work.
    2012 Silverado LT crew cab Z-71: 6" Pro Comp lift w/ trailing arms / 18" Pro Comp black rims with 35x12.50 Pro Comp X-Terrain's / Black "Z71 4x4" Bed Decals / Flowmaster's "Super 40" series Single in - Dual out the rear