GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 155 of 239 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2390

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Today I ordered a 0-400psi sending unit and Dakota Digital air pressure gauge for in-cab use with my OBA project.

This underscores why I hate Sierra/Silverado wiring differences. I need 99-02 Silvy tails for my 04-06 Sierra due to wiring differences ... and yet the flasher module I need for my 04-06 Sierra apparently won't work in a 99-02 Silvy ... due to wiring differences. There's no consistency to it. How the heck are we supposed to know when things will and won't cross over between models ... especially when I call GMC customer service to find out which gauges will and won't work in clusters among various GM models and THEY can't tell me. LOL!
    I understand your frustration. For future reference though (probably more for others than Surreal), all the wiring is the same except the harness from the junction box on the back of your truck to the tail lights. Both function the same, but the 2003-2007 Silverados had wires for one extra little marker bulb. For reasons I doubt anyone will ever understand, the Sierras didn't get that extra marker bulb because they didn't get the new tail lights. It wouldn't even be an issue if the extra hole on the 2003-2007 Silverado lights wouldn't let moisture in. That being said, its not TOO difficult to add the wiring for that marker light if need be.

I'm glad you were able to cancel that nak. I believe the main difference is that 99-02 had the EP29 as the main flasher and a separate flasher somewhere for the trailer lights, but the 03-07 had the LM487 (I believe the factory non-LED one is LM483 or something), and the newer style serves as one module that controls all of the signal and brake lights on the truck as well as on the trailer.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Washed, removed the remaining glue from the side molding and waxed the truck today... It is definately a cleaner look without the molding... now onto the 4x4 stickers.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dside2b.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	44291
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Today I took measurements under my truck bed for the placement of an air tank and narrowed down air tank options to three different tanks. I also contacted the tank vendors for more information about each. Hopefully I can order one in the next few days...

installed new cupholder assembly, since my other one broke after years of knees to the side of it getting to my center seat
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

ordered the correct flasher replacement for my truck so I can use LED switchbacks.

I picked up my custom-ordered PJ trailer, today, and dragged it 170 miles from the purchase point to my family's lake property -- stopping only to tighten the lugs after the first 75 miles. Then I drove another 50 miles to get back home. I don't have pics, yet, as daylight was almost gone when I stopped to do the lugs. I'll get some this weekend when I take it out to tune the brake controller for it (and set presets) -- weather permitting.

I just ordered a 60"x48" piece of aircraft firewall material from http://hoodliners.blogspot.com/ in order to use it to make a custom hood liner for my Reflexxion cowl induction hood ... such that the hood is protected and the cowl opening is still exposed. This stuff looks awesome. If it's as good as advertised it'll provide superior heat and chemical resistance. Installation will be a bit of a chore as I need to remove the hood to do it, but so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I just ordered a 60"x48" piece of aircraft firewall material from http://hoodliners.blogspot.com/ in order to use it to make a custom hood liner for my Reflexxion cowl induction hood ... such that the hood is protected and the cowl opening is still exposed. This stuff looks awesome. If it's as good as advertised it'll provide superior heat and chemical resistance. Installation will be a bit of a chore as I need to remove the hood to do it, but so be it.
    Did you get it with the transformer logo?

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Did you get it with the transformer logo?
    I plead the 5th...

Phase one today of cleaning my interior. Bought some Folex and holy **** that stuff is amazing. Over 11.5 years, my carpet has collected dirt, mud, dog crap, grease/oil, cola, rust and red Gatorade stains. The only thing Folex didn't either remove or lighten was the red Gatorade. Magical stuff!

I cleaned the seats and carpet of my front passenger, rear passenger and rear driver side. I also cleaned both door plates. I will let those three areas dry for a week and then attack my driver seat and floor and see if the other three areas need a second dose. Inside is looking pretty damn good so far. I took some before pics today but I'll wait to post them until next week after I have cleaned my driver's area and double checked the areas I did today.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!