GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 160 of 239 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2390

I removed the stock license plate light for my trailer and extended the wiring to the rear of the trailer to allow for the installation/connection of a Plate Saver Accessory Kit (http://www.rtlglobalinc.com/servlet/...License/Detail). This will prevent the trailer plate from being scraped, bumped, and/or lost due to it hanging low ... and at the same time meet all lighting regulations for the trailer plate. (Too many times you see the plate on the rear gate of a trailer with no lighting -- which is technically illegal. Not me!)

I also received and sorted various air fittings for my OBA project.

Upgraded my exhaust... was sick of the drone with the MBRP exhaust. Bit the bullet and purchased a Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust with dual side exits. The drone is gone and is awesome sounding.
    http://thomasrsullivan.mystarband.net/images/voice2.wmv
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTom64b View Post
    Upgraded my exhaust... was sick of the drone with the MBRP exhaust. Bit the bullet and purchased a Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust with dual side exits. The drone is gone and is awesome sounding.
    http://thomasrsullivan.mystarband.net/images/voice2.wmv
    That sounds and looks good. Got an audio clip from before the change for comparison?

No I didnt record a before... probably should have. There is a big difference. The MBRP was much louder on idle... but the Corsa souds much crisper and tuned when into the throttle. I am very happy with it... when driving the drone is completely gone... well worth the $$$ in my book.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Today I put 33.8 gallons in the tank for a total of $122.00 bucks. Thankfully with a 34 gallon tank I don't have to do that very often!

Finally got everything settled this morning. She got a 2" level kit and new shoes. Liquid Metal Rhino's on 285/70R17 AT's. I think it's a big improvement over the last set I had.

Old:

New:

Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

Went for a nice ride... Really do love the new exhaust. Not having that drone makes the ride with the family more enjoyable. I should have did this earlier...

Today I burnt half the tank I put in, yesterday, while driving around looking at land. Then I refilled what I used. Sadly I found no property I wanted. :(

Although it doesn't have a GM logo on the truck it does have all GM running gear. I rewired my friends M715 with a 60's era 427,SM420 and I think it has an NP205. Also got a lot of help from @Sierraowner5.3 with some welding.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Installed a second set of 2000mah USB ports for charging USB devices. I am up to 4 USB ports total. This is all a proto type working toward 8 USB ports total at which point I will work on fine tuning the install so it "looks" factory.

Helped a friend move and she supplied LITS at the end of the day....... and dinner.