GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 194 of 239 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2390

Last night I removed my Kenwood navigation unit and opened it up to get to the microSD card the navigation files are stored on. I've managed to get the files off, and now after a struggle with making my computer work properly with SD cards, I'm working on setting up the clone card with the updated navigation files.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Updated my intune and went out and tweaked the settings on my truckj, turned the AFM/DOD off, turned off torque management, and tuned the TCM for firmer shifts. its almost scary now. makes me want my custom tune from lew even more.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Hey guys, a bout a month ago i was out in the garage and i started to gut out the fiberglass packing out of the resonator tips on my exhaust. However, the very next day after i started i brock my wrist and hand in a snowmobile accident. So no workin on the truck for a while..

Well yesterday i got up the nerve and went out to the garage and decided to give her another go. Got one side done in about an hour and a half and the other side done in about a half hour lol.

The reason i was doing this was because with what i paid for the exhaust i was expecting something a little bit more in the sound department. It was just a bit too quiet and the tone was off.

Well now, I gotta say, The sound is deffinately there! Its not crazy loud but it did increase in decibels enough to notice. And the tone is lower and deeper. Also when you get on it its got the Growl i wanted. This was all just revving it in the driveway tho so i'm excited to get her out on the road and hear what she's got.

I'll get pics of the tips after i gutted them( sorry no before), and pics of the crap i removed from them up soon.

-BFG-

Had the windows tinted on Saturday, 20%.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Cleaned an almost black maf yesterday. Now it's on to the tb....i peeked at it and it too is black.
    If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.--Henry Ford

Yesterday I began planning my integrated circuit that will control my new LED lights. Made a wiring diagram for it. Not sure if it will work so any advice would be much appreciated.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightbaric.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	49593

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Yesterday I began planning my integrated circuit that will control my new LED lights. Made a wiring diagram for it. Not sure if it will work so any advice would be much appreciated.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightbaric.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	49593
    In theory, something like that should work. However, I do have to add my input that I tried to run power through relays backwards like that (from pin 87 and 87A instead of from pin 30) and got no power on the other side. That could very well be different based on the relays, but I have to mention that.

Anyway, in terms of what you have there... as long as the relays let the power flow in that direction unlike mine did, the outside lights should work for tail lights & turn signals and the middle should work for tail lights and brakes. The only other thing I'd add is test your LED strips with the voltage regulator beforehand to make sure they handle the reduced voltage well and still operate.

Now for what I did today... I finished & installed my temporary switch panel for my rear heated seats, installed a higher amperage fuse because 15A isn't enough to run both at once (wires are run separately after fuse, so everything is still safe) and then parked my truck in the cold to get on a plane to Phoenix today. Last night I also finished all of the heated seat wiring including split loom tubing and having everything nice and stock looking. I also finished up a couple of wires under the hood with split loom and electrical tape.

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    In theory, something like that should work. However, I do have to add my input that I tried to run power through relays backwards like that (from pin 87 and 87A instead of from pin 30) and got no power on the other side. That could very well be different based on the relays, but I have to mention that.

Anyway, in terms of what you have there... as long as the relays let the power flow in that direction unlike mine did, the outside lights should work for tail lights & turn signals and the middle should work for tail lights and brakes. The only other thing I'd add is test your LED strips with the voltage regulator beforehand to make sure they handle the reduced voltage well and still operate.
    Based on the Info I looked up on the relays that I'm gonna to use they should work both ways, but that's what prototyping is for. The relays aren't automotive ones they are for computers/12v electronics work. The led strips work from 5v up to 14.4 I checked using a hobby shop transformer from my old train set and tested the voltage. The voltage regulator is type 7805 regulator.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Based on the Info I looked up on the relays that I'm gonna to use they should work both ways, but that's what prototyping is for. The relays aren't automotive ones they are for computers/12v electronics work. The led strips work from 5v up to 14.4 I checked using a hobby shop transformer from my old train set and tested the voltage. The voltage regulator is type 7805 regulator.
    In that case, you should be good to go. Since the LEDs don't draw much power, the computer relays are a good choice because they'll help you save a bit of space too.

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    In that case, you should be good to go. Since the LEDs don't draw much power, the computer relays are a good choice because they'll help you save a bit of space too.
    Yup and they make both building they system easier, since its on a PC board, and make prototyping a breeze because I can use a 12v bread board. But I will need to get much better at soldering.