GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 198 of 239 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2390

Yesterday I completed the 1.5" body lift. Today it got an oil change.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

Today I had a pair of 52" braided stainless steel pneumatic lines made for connecting the rear air manifold of the OBA project to the air tanks in the air tank carrier. I also picked up four 1/4" MPT to 1/4" FPT 90 degree fittings and four 1/4" MPT to 1/2" OD tube compression fittings. With a little luck (regarding the weather) this weekend I can finalize the air tank connections within the air tank carrier, install the air carrier under the truck, and connect it to the rear air manifold.

drove through some sand and water to take a shorter way to work. with the storm we had last night some sand drifted accross the main road on post and the mps closed the road. so rather then going the super long way around, i cut thru a little area i know of and saved a few miles.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

This morning I crawled under the truck to check the transmission for signs of continued fluid loss, as I suspected she was still dripping but couldn't be sure across the last two days (due to rain). Sadly, she's still leaking ... and it is, in fact, about 3-4 times worse than prior to having the work done.

I contacted the shop that did the work (which is, of course, warranted) and set up a time to bring the truck back. I also checked the trans fluid level just to be sure it was still in good shape.

Bleah. So much for air tank carrier installation, this weekend.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 03-07-2013 at 12:07 PM.

today I ordered a spare set of clear depo headlights (for my proper HID retrofit) and the morimoto H1 projector retrofit HID kit! cant wait to get on this mod when i get it

depo headlights clear ($84.00 on amazon)
    morimoto h1 retrofit kit ($300.00 from the retrofitsource.com + $8.50 for shipping insurance)
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    today I ordered a spare set of clear depo headlights (for my proper HID retrofit) and the morimoto H1 projector retrofit HID kit! cant wait to get on this mod when i get it

morimoto h1 retrofit kit ($300.00 from the retrofitsource.com + $8.50 for shipping insurance)
    Will you be doing a write-up and photo documentation of this project?

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post

It's good to see proper retrofits being done. That's one of the things on my summer list for my truck. I miss my old HIDs but I want to do them the right time this time. And my projector fog light project was a good start on retrofitting to get some practice. Someday I'll get around to replacing the plastic projector shrouds I made with metal ones since the plastic melted and post some pictures up.

My truck has been mostly sitting lately, but I got it out for a drive yesterday and really enjoyed the tweaks I made to the performance tune.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

I drove it today like I normally do, waiting for GM's high quality rack and pinion to fall off the truck

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Will you be doing a write-up and photo documentation of this project?
    hell yes I will be!
    LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    It's good to see proper retrofits being done. That's one of the things on my summer list for my truck. I miss my old HIDs but I want to do them the right time this time. And my projector fog light project was a good start on retrofitting to get some practice. Someday I'll get around to replacing the plastic projector shrouds I made with metal ones since the plastic melted and post some pictures up.

My truck has been mostly sitting lately, but I got it out for a drive yesterday and really enjoyed the tweaks I made to the performance tune.
    Yep and I learned the hard way, by buying one of the ebay projector headlights and it worked alright, BUT the output was just horrible...

On a side note I passed inspection today
    Last edited by reggiecab2000; 03-08-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Today I met with the mechanical engineer and machinist who are designing and fabricating the three brackets for use under my hood in my on board air project. We altered the previously-discussed design of the compressor bracket after reviewing potential fitment problems -- and might have a model as early as next week. We planned out the coalescing filter bracket (arguably the easiest of the three), and also designed and modeled the air manifold bracket.

To get an idea of what kind of work we're doing, part number 35 in this diagram is a M8 thread size flange nut. There are two studs protruding from the firewall that use this nut. For the front air manifold bracket we will remove these nuts and replace them with a set of elongated, threaded 1/2" diameter studs made to spec ... to support a flat aluminum plate to which the air manifold will be bolted.

Here's an overhead shot from the 3D model. The air manifold is shown in gold while the elongated studs and flat aluminum plate that comprise the bracket we're fabricating are shown in gray.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manifold_bracket.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	50242

Note:
    @Conlan Rose,
    You expressed interest in this project, hence the detail level of this post. I'd have uploaded the 3D PDF model as an attachment so that you could download it and then zoom into or even rotate it, but @Steve apparently has PDF's limited to 78.1KB ... and this -tiny- 3D model is 84.0KB, so I can't share it, here. Hence the best I could do was a photo. I tried, though...