GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 199 of 239 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2390

Thank you very much @SurrealOne it look really cool. Looks like your taking some diagrams from my gen of trucks lol.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

@Conlan Rose,
    I just needed a diagram that showed the studs on the firewall and the nuts so that I could reference the mount point and the location in a way someone reading this could understand. It was 'close enough' to give you an idea of the location where the front air manifold is going and how it's being attached.

Space under my hood is EXTREMELY limited due to my aux battery, isolator, 300 amp ANL fuses and studs, Bussmann relay box, etc. ... so I'm having to get creative on the placement of things. The mechanical engineer remarked how nothing about this is proving to be simple ... specifically because our spatial options are pretty restricted.

We need to archive this and make a 2013 thread with the same name. #justsayin

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Today I picked my truck up from the trans shop after having a new T-case installed under warranty (kind of)! I have to say that I am amazed on how smoothly a t-case can shift. My 95 had a floor shifter for the t-case, it was "clunky" while engaging, my 03 and 05 had push buttons and the shift still felt "clunky". With the new t-case in my 05 I can not even feel it shift into 4wd. (Yes, it is engaging)

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by McClintoc View Post
    As I was driving to work Friday morning my overhead console decided to fall out of the ceiling. Today, I put it back up. Neither the screw nor the metal clip it goes into were stripped so I have no idea what caused it to fall out in the first place.
    Some sorry Ford owner must have sabotaged your truck!
    94 Chevrolet K1500 4x4. 5.7L 350, 5-speed (AKA Betty) Or Rust Bucket...depends on if I'm mad at her.

Checked fluids, had to add some coolant and filled the tank. Fetched some firewood, went to gym and gave a lift to a woman who had gotten stranded after her Trans Sport died on her.

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Loaded the truck with another bed full of stuff bound for storage, drove 1.5 hours, and unloaded. Next I stopped by the family lake house and, while there, I installed a Power Magic Pro unit behind the glove box.

Installed a Pioneer avic-x940bt in dash navigation system and accele backup camera. Now I can see the cars that disappear about 10 feet away when backing up
    @SurrealOne cant wait to see your project when finished.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

@dsfloyd,
    Sadly my OBA project's been held up, again -- this time by a pinhole leak in the transfer case caused by the dreaded pump rub issue. The truck's on a lift right now with the t-case removed ... and gets a new aftermarket clip and t-case half in the morning.

Love the sig pic, by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    @dsfloyd,
    Sadly my OBA project's been held up, again -- this time by a pinhole leak in the transfer case caused by the dreaded pump rub issue. The truck's on a lift right now with the t-case removed ... and gets a new aftermarket clip and t-case half in the morning.

Love the sig pic, by the way!
    I know how that stupid pump rub goes. just had to replace mine last year. The stupid c-clip makes it so the whole transfer case needs to be pulled instead of just splitting the case half and pulling that part out.

And thanks, my daughter loved sledding that way. It was a good day, some offroading in the snow, and on some back roads and got some shooting in, in the middle of it too.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member