GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 208 of 239 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2390

I've only had my GMC for less than a week, but the first thing I did today was to change the lock cylinder and key. I got tired real fast of having to do the "hula dance" with the ignition every time I started it. Real easy to do and way better now.

Received more switch parts!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130330_062834_220.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	51043

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Nice switches, alox. Is a beer switch the same as an open container? lol.

Yesterday I repaired the ABS system on my Yukon XL for free. No more dash lights and annoying bonging! I felt pretty good about that. Now to fix my heated seat... its a cold morning and the truck is parked in the driveway...

me and sfdefender had lunch together, then i drolled over his truck out in the parking lot for a bit. was nice.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Filled the truck up with $100 in gas, then fixed my tail light that was acting weird seems to work now..

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

did a quick rewire on a ground, now my indicator light for my led off road lights works! maybe now ill remember to turn them off when i shut off the truck.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Removed all the emblems from my tailgate then gave the 2 coats of hand rubbed Carnuba wax.

Stupidly busy weekend:
    • Adjusted tire pressure since it warmed up, substantially.
    • Removed the front air manifold bracket's mount studs and replaced with the OEM flange nuts since the replacement OEM tubing (to fix a schrader valve that was stuck open) was shaped differently and precluded me from using the just-fabbed front air manifold bracket
    • Drew a new vacuum on the AC system and recharged it
    • Worked with a mechanical engineer to plan a new mount location for the front air manifold
    • Removed all components from the front air manifold, cleaned all used PTFE tape from the ports and components, applied new PTFE tape to all components, and then replaced them all (in a different order/location on the manifold) to work with the newly-planned location
    • Removed the passenger side A-pillar cover and sun visor, ran power wire for my dash camera from behind the glove box up the pillar, into the headliner to the center of the truck, and out the same location the wires for the rearview mirror exit; once done I buttoned it all back up.
    • Mounted a FineVu CR-500HD dash camera, connected a 4.3in TFT display to it in order to aim it, and once satisfied with its point of view, tweaked its settings for daily use
    • Activated my previously-installed Power Magic Pro device to provide power to the FineVu CR-500 dash camera from my auxiliary battery any time the truck is off -- such that the camera remains on for a maximum of five days or until voltage hits 12v (whichever comes first)
    • Applied 3 coats of flat black paint and 2 coats of black, spray-on truck bed liner (for texture) to my air box cover, allowed it to dry, then reinstalled it on the truck
    • Removed the rear air manifold from the truck, removed two temporary plugs from it, and replaced them with 90 degree 1/4" MPT to 3/8" female flare swivel connectors; once done the rear air manifold was reinstalled
    • Lifted the air tank carrier into mounting position, bolted it up, and tied it in to the rear air manifold of the truck using 3/8" OD braided stainless steel hoses with 3/8" male flare fittings

A number of photos follow. They are heavy as it relates to the on board air project work since several people have expressed interest in the on board air project. @Conlan Rose, I'm tagging you so you'll easily find this.

FineVu CR-500HD Dash Camera (post-install):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finevu_cr500hd_installed.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	51095

Volant Air Box Cover (stripped of powdercoat, degreased, and ready for paint):

Name:	volant_prepainting.jpg 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	51096

Volant Air Box Cover (post-painting):

Name:	volant_repainted.jpg 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	51097

Air Tank Carrier (pre-installation: driver's side view):

Name:	tank_carrier_view_driverside.jpg 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	51098

Air Tank Carrier (pre-installation: overhead view):

Name:	tank_carrier_view_overhead.jpg 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	51099

Air Tank Carrier (pre-installation: overhead plumbing view):

Name:	tank_carrier_view_plumbing_overhead.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	51100

Air Tank Carrier (pre-installation: side plumbing view):

Name:	tank_carrier_view_plumbing_side.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	51101

Air Tank Carrier Installation (lift commencement using dual jacks - photo taken from driver's side):

Name:	tank_carrier_installation_lift_commencement.jpg 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	51102

Air Tank Carrier Installation (lift midpoint using brick pylons for stability - photo taken from passenger side):

Name:	tank_carrier_installation_lift_midpoint.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	51103

Air Tank Carrier Installation (lift terminus with shims in place to allow bolt-up - photo taken from passenger side):

Name:	tank_carrier_installation_lift_terminus.jpg 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	51104

Air Tank Carrier Installation (bolt-up complete, shims & supports removed):

Name:	tank_carrier_installation_boltup_complete.jpg 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	51105

Air Tank Carrier Installation (plumbing from rear manifold - on passenger's side frame rail):

Name:	tank_carrier_plumbing_from_rear_manifold1.jpg 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	51106

Air Tank Carrier Installation (plumbing from rear manifold to air tanks - following crossmember to driver's side):

Name:	tank_carrier_plumbing_from_rear_manifold2.jpg 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	51107

Air Tank Carrier Installation (plumbing to air tanks on driver's side, above air tank carrier):

Name:	tank_carrier_plumbing_from_rear_manifold3.jpg 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	51108

Air Tank Carrier Installation (cover plate next to drive shaft installed for protection and added strength; all done)

Name:	tank_carrier_buttoned_up.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	51109

Last edited by SurrealOne; 03-31-2013 at 10:36 PM.

good pics surreal! id love to see all that in person!

i managed to drop my id inside the door in the window channel. so i learned how to take my door apart this afternoon, and retrieved my id. not super hard, but my hayes manual sure helped.

I also went truck shopping with a buddy of mine, he is looking to upgrade (currently in a 99 Z71 reg cab) found him a 07 extended cab short bed Z71 he likes, so he was off with his CFO to see what he could swing.

Alex

Today I ordered some fittings for the manual drain valve I'm adding to the on board air project's coalescing filter.