GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 212 of 239 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2390

Drove it to work and found I had a nail in my tire... Patched that. And we'll here's the nail. Thankfully caught it at work and patched it on my lunch break. Got to use a backloaded to lift up the back of my truck, but was not able to get a pic(pissed at myself) but here a pic of the nail....

( and I keep every nail or screw that I pull out of any of my vehicles tires)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS V8 4.8L Ext Cab Standard bed. K&N Air Filter, and Flowmaster Series 40 Muffler. 2 12"in JL audio subs, 1500w amp
    2002 Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 7.3L Diesel Short Bed
    2004 Chevrolet Suburban LT

went mudding, drove around looking for a job, washed it.

installed these yesterday!

Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130407_190032.jpg   20130407_190116.jpg  

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Carefully spent 6ish hours making my way into the driver's side dash bit by bit ... and driving the truck each time I removed something ... to track a squeak that's been driving me mad.

No luck in the dash or even under it, so it had to be outside the truck. As it turns out, the metal shielding around the parking brake cable was rubbing on something outside the truck ... and the cable was carrying the sound into the truck (as cables under tension are apt to do). I zip tied it in place and the squeak was gone.

Sadly. I was running out of daylight so I had to reassemble the driver's side of things quickly ... and think I introduced a new rattle in the process. I'm 100% sure that's in the cab .. and I'll dig into isolating it, next weekend.

THIS WEEKEND:

got to go home to san antonio early, so I had thursday night until sunday morning to do stuff...

1) Mounted my JD2 bender dead center into our guest house garage using female concrete anchors (so it can be moved if necessary)
    -looks pretty SEXY i must say... ;)

2) Began my custom front bumper build
    -bent my main bumper tube (1.5" schedule 40 steel pipe)
    -removed my stock bumper
    -cut off the frame horns with a saw-zaw
    -did a light wipe down of most of the front end frame, and sprayed some rustoleum truck bed coating on it, to prevent rust on the fresh cuts while i take my time making my bumper over the next, however many weeks it takes.

3) Removed all driver and passenger side moldings
    -just earlier tonight used my astro eraser pad mounted in a standard drill to remove all the adhesive (got all expect top adhesive strip on driver door, and both adhesive strips on passenger door before drill battery died, put on charger and went to the gym)

4) Cut and installed 3/4" MDF into my toolbox for a mountable floor just like @SurrealOne has done with his.
    -removed toolbox tray and trashed it
    -everything is very clean and organized in my toolbox now!

threads with pictures to follow soon!
    Last edited by reggiecab2000; 04-08-2013 at 11:05 AM.
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Yesterday I drilled some holes into the frame of the flatbed on my Duramax and bolted on 2 fuel filter heads. Then I cut a section out of the fuel line running to the engine and installed a compression fitting on the rear section and one on the front section. Then I ran fuel hose to the 2 filter heads. I installed the fuel/water separator and the CAT fuel filter and primed the truck. Now I don't have to worry about dirt and crap getting into my diesel injectors and the cat filter will only cost $20 to replace and the crappy expensive factory filter will have an extremely long lifespan.

Today I did a one day road trip in the Avalanche to go buy a tool for my company. I got a great deal and the guy I bought it from even threw in a few extra tools.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

This morning I:
    • Ordered a 2", 200psi 1/4" NPT gauge to replace the one I trashed over the weekend using spray-on Goo Gone to try to remove a sticker. (How they heck did I know it'd melt the plastic off the face?!)
    • Ordered a set of Shocker XL's from hornblasters.com so I can figure out where to mount them
    • Ordered eight 7/16" (ID) ferrite chokes
    • Ordered 18yd of 1/2" wide copper shielding tape with conductive adhesive
    • Ordered 36yd of 1/4" wide copper shielding tape with conductive adhesive
    • Ordered 100' of 1/8" expandable braided mesh (for protecting wires)

Clearly I've got a little EMI problem on the truck that I want to address this weekend.

I cleaned the inside of mine, Its been a long winter!

Drove a lot and then changed my friends tire that got slashed. Who would think that the best 400m runner in the state would have a lot of enemies.(not me the friend with the slashed tire).

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Tied up my rear window in this 82 degree Temps and went for a nice ride tonight....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0503.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	51330
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X