GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 215 of 239 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2390

Returned the bum O2 sensor that was sold to me, got a refund because they didn't have the correct one in stock (even though the store's web site said they did), went to a different store, bought the correct part, took it home, and installed it. (What an annoying waste of time.) Cleared the code and I haven't seen it since...

I also built a custom relay harness with anti-EMI measures for my low beam HIDs in order to eliminate audio noise that was being generated when the ballasts were engaged. Tested and the noise is now gone.

Next I did prep work for a similar custom harness with anti-EMI for my highs and fogs -- but these will use the last two relay slots in the sealed Bussman relay box I built during the winter (the low beams don't). I hope to complete those Monday.

Yesterday I had to make a new ground for my hood because the strap broke. Also got the broken bulb out of my under hood lamp. Now just need to install both and get new bulb.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

changed the PCV valve on Saturday trying to fix my rouh idle issue. Did not work so back to the drawing board for me.
    If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.--Henry Ford

Built a pair of custom harnesses with anti-EMI measures for my high beams and fog lights using the materials I prepped, last night. Installed both, tied them into my custom Bussmann relay box, tested, and put the nose of the truck back onto it once satisfied. Also revised the port configuration on my front air manifold in preparaton for a new mount for it that I hope to receive this week.

I washed, clay bared, washed, waxed and waxed (6hrs).Got done right before the rain. Oh also broke it too (P-0606). I guess i'll take the blame.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Jr. Apprentice

Got some new rubber. 275/65/20 Toyo Open Country MT. Rubs a little so doing a 5" lift on Friday.

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	51472Oh and bought a tahoe that looks something like this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab VortecMax 6.0L

Superchips power programmer, Fabtec 2 inch leveling kit, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, K & N cold air intake, 3.73 gears, chrome mirror covers, Raptor Nerf bars, black emblems, black painted grill, chrome bull bar, LED tailgate light bar, Line-X, diamond plate toolbox, stainless 3rd brake light cover

future- Fabtec 5 inch lift and 35 inch Toyo MT with 20 inch KMC XD Series Hoss Chrome

I took mine on a road trip to the mountains with my girlfriend over the weekend.

Today I drove it to the Chevy dealer where I test drove a 2013 Avalanche LTZ. I can't afford one of those, but it sure is a nice truck. Everything is just smoother and tighter than my 10 year old Avalanche. It kind of makes me sad to think about the fact that I will never have the opportunity to own a brand new Avalanche.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Changed out the brake light switch on Sunday, and then this morning before work I changed the spark plugs. I'll change the wires this next weekend because the previous owner decided to zip tie everything. That'll be a PITA. Also thinking of some appearance mods as well.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

I decided that I should tackle the only rust on my truck. It was inside on the bottom of all the doors. I hit it with a wire wheel on my 4" grinder. Wiped it down with mineral spirits, taped it off, and sprayed them with Rustoleum rust resolver. I will top coat it with touch up paint when it arrives. I am not all that concerned about it matching perfectly because no one will see it. It actually looks fine black.
    BeforeAfter wire wheelSprayed with rust resolver

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Just the other day i started taking off the tint from the side windows, also does anybody know where to get privacy glass for a 1994 GMC Yukon???
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon