GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 220 of 239 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2390

I started building some sideboards for the flatbed on my Duramax so I can carry things on it without them falling off every time I hit a corner or a bump.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Today I:
    • Removed the grille and front bumper
    • Removed the transmission cooler
    • Fabricated 4 polymer spacers for the Shocker XL's
    • Fabricated 4 (different) bell supports for the Shocker XL's
    • Painted the bell supports
    • Installed the Shocker XL's to the main mounting bracket
    • Installed the main mounting bracket (with bells) and bell supports into the nose of the truck
    • Installed a 1/2"OD compression fitting to the upstream port of an electric air valve for the Shocker XL's
    • Installed a 4-port manifold for the Shocker XL's to the downstream port of the electric air valve
    • Installed the electric air valve (w/ manifold) for the Shocker XL's into the nose of the truck
    • Fashioned a new ground point for the electric valve and connected one lead of the electric valve to it
    • Sized, cut, routed, connected, and zip-tied into place 4 nylon air lines from the 4-port manifold to the Shocker XL's
    • Reinstalled the transmission cooler

The bumper and grille will remain off, for now, so that I can plumb an annealed copper hard line from the front air manifold (in the engine compartment) to the electric air valve and so that I can run switched +!2v to the electric air valve from the horn selector switch in the overhead console. Hopefully that'll be done this weekend, at which point I should be able to reassmble the nose of my truck.
    I have to say Surreal, i admire your drive and your follow through. I am probably close to being done on mine. I am thinking about getting a newer Silverado like mine just for work. Good work S.........

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Pulled my wheels and tires off and rotated them, while I had them off I bead blasted the backside of the wheels and painted them metalflake charcoal.
    Taped and scuffed all the suspension pieces in the wheel wells the gave them 2 coats primer and 4 coats of Black satin BBQ paint.
    Measured the front valance and bumper opening so I can buy materials to make screen grills for them.
    Polished and clear coated with Zoops clear coat a few bare metal items under the hood that were left raw metal from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    I have to say Surreal, i admire your drive and your follow through. I am probably close to being done on mine. I am thinking about getting a newer Silverado like mine just for work. Good work S.........
    Thanks. I knew the on board air project would be complex ... but I honestly didn't see it taking the better part of a year. I'm at ~8 months from when I first assembled a high level plan of what I wanted the air system to be able to do ... and I've worked on it very regularly. I've learned a lot ... but part of me is kinda sick of it, lol. I want it done so I can enjoy it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Pulled my wheels and tires off and rotated them, while I had them off I bead blasted the backside of the wheels and painted them metalflake charcoal.
    Taped and scuffed all the suspension pieces in the wheel wells the gave them 2 coats primer and 4 coats of Black satin BBQ paint.
    Measured the front valance and bumper opening so I can buy materials to make screen grills for them.
    Polished and clear coated with Zoops clear coat a few bare metal items under the hood that were left raw metal from the factory.
    I'm jealous of your blasting cabinet.

Its just a homemade set-up that I found plans for on line, I modified the plans to handle large items.
    Cost less than $200 to build.
    Once I get my computer running again Ill post the plans I used.
    It took about 10 hrs to fab.

Nothing yet, going to meet a potential customer and give a roofing estimate around 10, then have the rest of the day free. Should be a nice day so i am planning on plasti dipping my wheels. I'll post up some pics later.
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Attempted to install my leveling kit... couldn't the old keys off the torsion bar. They were rusted on... figure I will attempt it again next week... maybe rig up some sort of puller or something. I did get my new front shocks and summer rims and tires installed.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

@tbplus10, I need a place to put something like that before plans will do me any good. Right now I am sorta homeless ... as in between homes, not indigent. (I'm stalking a foreclosure and the auction date keeps getting moved. I've been at it 10 months. My lease is up and I moved to a place on a month-to-month basis ... and am basically camping there with minimal assets.)

Once I have a home AND it's renovated, then I'll be looking for one! Thanks, tho!

@tbplus10, I need a place to put something like that before plans will do me any good. Right now I am sorta homeless ... as in between homes, not indigent. (I'm stalking a foreclosure and the auction date keeps getting moved. I've been at it 10 months. My lease is up and I moved to a place on a month-to-month basis ... and am basically camping there with minimal assets.)

Once I have a home AND it's renovated, then I'll be looking for one! Thanks, tho!
    i feel your pain I'm back home with my parents for the time being but I found 178 acres up near sky valley that I'm looking into buying. If all goes well ill have it in a few months and ill start building my home. Then a huge barn
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Understand, love them forclosures best money I ever spent, and the appreciations been over 100% in 8 years with a bad economy. Lots of work required but really woth it. I've remodeled the whole interior and exterior over the last 8 years and since Im so cheap me and my cat jack were the only labor force. I knew buying a house Id want it to have my style so why not save and do it my way.