GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 224 of 239 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2390

Friday I installed my new battery terminals and chassis ground. Saturday I added seafoam to the fuel tank and then changed my oil. Oil is now Synthetic with a Delco filter.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Start my annual rust prevention... cleanup the underside and have applied the rust converter.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

Today I:

• Decided that I'm completely unhappy with the leak levels in my copper plumbing, as they seem to be made worse by vibration
    • Researched vibration-resistant pneumatic solutions and opted to completely replumb the system with the sort of thing used for air brake systems
    • Researched materials that exceed the usual 150psi dot rating, as I'm building around 200psi as the working pressure (and will probably run 145-170ish psi, for safety ... or possible 160-200psi, depending on comfort level)
    • Ordered appropriate brass push-to-connect fittings and reinforced 1/2" OD nylon tubing
    • Ordered a Ridgid plastic/nylon tubing cutter
    • Ordered Loctite 545 pneumatic thread sealant
    • Made my peace with tearing the on board air system apart and replumbing it from ground zero; at least it's only the plumbing that has to be redone ... and the nylon tubing and push-to-connect fittings are a heck of a lot less work to install than their copper and compression counterparts
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 05-06-2013 at 09:53 PM.

I got my leather cleaner and conditioner out and scrubbed my steering wheel and driver seat with a fingernail brush and leather cleaner before i conditioned them. It takes a really long time to scrub seats down that way but they look really nice now. It got the glossiness from 10 years of dirt and oil off the leather (leather cleaner without scrubbing doesn't work nearly as well for this). I decided I'd do the rest of the seats tomorrow or something since it took so long to do the first one.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Started pricing new brake rotors, brake pads, hubs/bearings, leveling kits, engine belts and alternators - all the next things to do on my truck.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

hauled our old 1980 ford mustang to the junk yard on a double axle trailer with my truck, after we held a "smash a car" for it making some money for charity... Junkyard gave me $200.00 for it!
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    hauled our old 1980 ford mustang to the junk yard on a double axle trailer with my truck, after we held a "smash a car" for it making some money for charity... Junkyard gave me $200.00 for it!
    It's a Ford. They overpaid. I'm surprised you didn't have to pay them to take it off your hands.

Did some data logging for Lew to create me a custom Diablo tune.
    * My post are intended for entertainment purposes only and should not be taken serious unless I'm posting in the Buy/Sell section of this board and all opinions are that of mine ONLY.

I took mine for an estimate to see how much it would cost to have paintless dent removal done on the most recent door ding. Fortunately, my girlfriend was in the truck when it happened, so we got the info of the woman who did it and she will be paying for the repair.

Yesterday I made my new engine ground and starter cables which I will install this weekend/week. Also my friends in the auto shop fixed my leaking oil fitting so no more oil stains when I park, but while doing the work they spilled coolant every where(my fault too) so now the truck reeks of coolant. Cause of that was having to remove the upper radiator hose to fix the fitting.

Next fixes will be stopping my coolant leaks which I can't seem to find.