GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 229 of 239 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2390

changed plugs, wires, ignition coil, oil & filter, bought brake pads for the front and annoyed my neighbors with a little exhaust noise
    IF IT AINT BROKE DRIVE IT HARDER!!!!

hockey is life everything else is a crutch

I took my avalanche out camping for the weekend. As usual, it did a great job of towing my quad around. The avalanche tent is great too.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Greased my slip yoke since the shop that installed my T-case put no grease on it at all. The noise was driving me crazy. I also noticed that my brand new transfer case from GM is leaking from the front seal. Looks like it will be going back to the shop. Doing some research about replacing my shocks with bilsteins I discovered that the rear coil springs will also need replaced with a spring with a different spring rate. I found the bilstein springs from someone who ordered them and never installed them. I ordered them for 1/2 price compared to everywhere else I looked.
    Last edited by Pikey; 05-21-2013 at 02:12 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Greased my slip yoke since the shop that installed my T-case put no grease on it at all. The noise was driving me crazy. I also noticed that my brand new transfer case from GM is leaking from the front seal. Looks like it will be going back to the shop.
    so does this lubing procedure really solve the horrible clunk on takeoff? (i know its temporary), but it does fix it the second you lube it?
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

mine was not a clunk on takeoff. It was a horrible "Tink" sound when I put it in gear. It only happened occasionally. My 2003 did the same thing. It fixed the noise immediately. I also found a u-joint that is questionable, so I will be changing that very soon.

Finished clear coat last night. I know truck needs cleaned, lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	52162 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	52163
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Got a full tank of gas yesterday which made Tahoe very happy. Other than that I haven't really worked on her I just need to check the coolant level again because she is still losing coolant somewhere. I think some of the smaller hoses may be leaking and possible the water pump gasket is going. Also the Odometer as of this morning now reads 199,804.2 miles almost at 200,000 . This weekend Tahoe is going to Vermont with me to paint some parts and fix the roof rack leak.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Got a full tank of gas yesterday which made Tahoe very happy. Other than that I haven't really worked on her I just need to check the coolant level again because she is still losing coolant somewhere. I think some of the smaller hoses may be leaking and possible the water pump gasket is going. Also the Odometer as of this morning now reads 199,804.2 miles almost at 200,000 . This weekend Tahoe is going to Vermont with me to paint some parts and fix the roof rack leak.
    Look @ the fire wall side of intake, very common for a Head Gasket to leak there!
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Look @ the fire wall side of intake, very common for a Head Gasket to leak there!
    Question are those common while running at pressure or leaking when the system depressurized. Because mine only leaks after the system has depressurized not when running.

Well, I said I would post some pictures so here they are. This is my new cluster at night and my new tires I had put on today. By the way, the Michelins rock. I love them so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Cluster 001rs.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	52170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Cluster 005.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	52171Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Cluster 010rs.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	52172

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage