GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 230 of 239 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2390

over the weekend...

1) removed stock sway bar, sand blasted and repainted flat black
    2) reinstalled with energy suspension polyurethane mounts and endlinks
    3) and seafoamed my vacuum lines again
    Last edited by reggiecab2000; 05-22-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

Quote Originally Posted by reggiecab2000 View Post
    over the weekend...

1) removed stock sway bar, sand blasted and repainted flat black
    2) reinstalled with energy suspension polyurethane mounts and endlinks
    3) and seafoamed my vacuum lines again
    How hard was it to feed the SeaFoam in to the line? Just wondering because I'm hesitant on doing it with the worry of putting it to much and hydro locking the engine.

How are the prices at energy suspension because they are one of the very few that sell poly bump stops. Currently my truck has none... they all rotted out.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I just install some RECON LED Tile lights on the truck because one of the stock taillights cracked.
    Hi my Name is Steve I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab, silver berch in color and Live in Virginia Beach Va. I have installed JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers with Flowmaster 40, K&N 77 air intake, Taylor 409 Wires , Diablosport Predator Programer, Weston Bull Bar, Carage Works Grill, ReadyLift Leveling kit, Pioneer Navigation system, Viper two way Alarm with remote start, Rino hitch step, Factor 20 inch wheels with Nitto Graplers and that's it for now.
    :cool: Steve

I re-pressurized the air system so that I can continue to use my air horns (fun!) ... until I have my EDC mounted (after which I won't need an external air source).

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    How hard was it to feed the SeaFoam in to the line? Just wondering because I'm hesitant on doing it with the worry of putting it to much and hydro locking the engine.

How are the prices at energy suspension because they are one of the very few that sell poly bump stops. Currently my truck has none... they all rotted out.
    its really not hard at all.... i had the exact same worries as you, but i finally grabbed my cajones and did it, i followed SEAFOAM's website, not any of the retarded youtube videos.

i paid $35.30 for the sway bar poly bushing set off amazon. the prices are great!

its really not hard at all.... i had the exact same worries as you, but i finally grabbed my cajones and did it, i followed SEAFOAM's website, not any of the retarded youtube videos.

i paid $35.30 for the sway bar poly bushing set off amazon. the prices are great!

Ok thats very reasonable. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Ok thats very reasonable. Thanks for the info
    just ,make sure you go to energysuspensions website and find the pieces your looking for and cop down the part number. Then search for it on amazon, the descriptions and product info is notoriously inaccurate, but as long as the part number matches your all good

I ordered a 13oz can of Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner in preparation for a top-end cleaning that I intend to do. (Via the TBI's PCV port.)

@reggiecab2000, here's a link for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mopar+combustio...versus+seafoam

When the results come up take the first one and pay particular attention to LS6427's commentary. Good stuff. Further research on MCCC (I did a LOT of searching and reading about it, tonight, after stumbling onto it) suggests it's the right thing to use for a top-end cleaning, as that's what it's designed for ... whereas Seafoam is merely an all-purpose liquid being used for top-end cleanings ... and only getting some of the top-end clean. (Back 2 cylinders, at worst ... back 3-4 cylinders, at best, really.)
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 05-24-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    I ordered a 13oz can of Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner in preparation for a top-end cleaning that I intend to do. (Via the TBI's PCV port.)

@reggiecab2000, here's a link for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mopar+combustio...versus+seafoam

When the results come up take the first one and pay particular attention to LS6427's commentary. Good stuff. Further research on MCCC (I did a LOT of searching and reading about it, tonight, after stumbling onto it) suggests it's the right thing to use for a top-end cleaning, as that's what it's designed for ... whereas Seafoam is merely an all-purpose liquid being used for top-end cleanings ... and only getting some of the top-end clean. (Back 2 cylinders, at worst ... back 3-4 cylinders, at best, really.)
    well here i was thinking i cleaned out my internals on my truck with seafoam, and now you put this on me surreal......
    guess i gotta try it now

well here i was thinking i cleaned out my internals on my truck with seafoam, and now you put this on me surreal......
    guess i gotta try it now
    LOL, that's ok. I theoretically know where the TBI's PCV port is. I say 'theoretically' because I've read the where/how of it and even found lots of pics of the hose running from the fixed PCV orifice to the TBI on various GM engines. However, it's dark out and I'm not at the family lake house's lit shop, so I can't go out and compare to my own engine.

Learning one's way around one's engine without an engine diagram or an experienced engine guy to tell you what's what ... is a pain. I mean some things are obvious, but there are just too many hoses running about doing too many important things to guess and be wrong. (And I'd hate to put this stuff into the crankcase by mistake! Talk about some bad mojo.)

Looks like I need to acquire a 3/8" hose for this activity, too. I wonder where I can get that... maybe some fuel line hose from an auto parts store. Will check in the morning.