GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 235 of 239 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2390

Actually got to use it like a truck. Loaded up a couple palm trees that I cut down from my yard to get rid of them (not too bad only about 1500 pounds). Always good to make sure the airbags work like they should
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Well it was last night, but I Picked up my TLC airbags and I got them installed in less then an hour.

I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm loading up the trailer and leaving in a few hours so I will have a review complete some time next week.
    2011 Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
    LED Dome light
    LED Floor lights
    RC Leveling kit
    Tow Mirrors Custom LED running/signal lights
    BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover

Got an estimate for my hood and fenders being repainted. The place my insurance approves of says 1855.91 including taxes. That seems like a lot... gonn check other places as well.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Loaded up a couple palm trees that I cut down from my yard
    Jealous, I just got home from a week in Oxnard, Ca. Missing the palm trees already.

Got my next mod in the mail. Going to be a real easy install. Finished pics to come later!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    "The best things in life aren't things"

2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 1500
    Ext Cab 4wd LT
    Check out my garage
    http://www.NStarWindow.com

Quote Originally Posted by FrigginNoodles View Post
    Jealous, I just got home from a week in Oxnard, Ca. Missing the palm trees already.
    Ha, I hate palm trees. I guess they aren't too bad. They were just to the point where I couldn't trim them any more. I was already standing on the top of a ladder with a chainsaw overhead in one hand. Not the brightest idea, I know. One was also planted up next to a fence and so it was pushing into that and the other was crowding out two other big trees, so I said they had to go. The spikes on the palm frawns are brutal too, always ended up with quite a few cuts when trimming them.

Got my next mod in the mail. Going to be a real easy install. Finished pics to come later!

So... what is this mod? I can't figure it out

Edit

Pish I didn't even quote it correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaele View Post
    So... what is this mod? I can't figure it out

Edit

Pish I didn't even quote it correctly!
    They are Chevrolet logo puddle lights. I got them off ebay and paid around $18 (they even come with the hole saw bit for the drill). There are many different logos and you can even design your own of you are willing to shell out $55-$60 instead.

The lights go in the bottom of your door panel, then when you open the door the ground is illuminated underneath. Just got done installing them. Can't wait for it to get dark out!

I'll post illuminated pics in an hour or two.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	52463Click image for larger version. 

Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	52464

**Update

They appear a bit wavy because I had to throw some folded up cardboard I had nearby under for a clear image. The rocky gravel driveway made it look more like a mosaic, but I'm sure on pavement they will be great. I'm really happy with how they are in person, really sharp and crisp.

Name:	lights1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	52483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lights2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	52484
    Last edited by FrigginNoodles; 05-30-2013 at 08:32 PM.

They are Chevrolet logo puddle lights. I got them off ebay and paid around $18 (they even come with the hole saw bit for the drill). There are many different logos and you can even design your own of you are willing to shell out $55-$60 instead.
    Wow, those are nice! (And I'm sitting here thinking, "must ... have ... Autobot ... puddle lights"....)

PM me a link to the source, please?

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Wow, those are nice! (And I'm sitting here thinking, "must ... have ... Autobot ... puddle lights"....)

PM me a link to the source, please?

Pm sent.

Thanks. The instal was as simple as tying them into the lights already in the NBS door panel. They are leds so low voltage.

The lights go in the bottom of your door panel, then when you open the door the ground is illuminated underneath. Just got done installing them. Can't wait for it to get dark out!

I'll post illuminated pics in an hour or two.

Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	52463Click image for larger version. 

Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	52464

**Update

They appear a bit wavy because I had to throw some folded up cardboard I had nearby under for a clear image. The rocky gravel driveway made it look more like a mosaic, but I'm sure on pavement they will be great. I'm really happy with how they are in person, really sharp and crisp.

Name:	lights1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	52483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lights2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	52484

I like those. I may have to get me a set