GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 239 of 239 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 2390

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    • Take lots of pics ...
    • Apartment complexes usually keep a record of every tenant's plate number and vehicle description (year, make, model). If the truck is regularly in the complex, go to the main office, tell them what happened, describe the vehicle, and ask for the owner's contact information.
    • If not given the contact info but you did, indeed, submit vehicle description and plate number with your application, call the police from your mobile while still in the apartment office ... describe the hit-and-run that happened, tell them you went to the complex office (and why) but were not given the contact info, and tell them you need them to come do a report on the hit-and-run. (This lets the cops know where they can get data on the truck ... and lets the office know the cops are likely coming to see them.)
    • If you ARE given the contact info, then go home, call the police, and tell them you need them to come do a report on the hit-and-run ... and provide the info the office gave you AND tell them basis on which it was given (vehicle description).
    • Wait for the cops to do the police report.
    • Call your insurance company and tell THEM what happened and give them the police report number.

Note: The cops should be able to paint match what's on your truck with what came from his ... and what's on his that came from yours. The mere threat of this as supporting evidence for hit-and-run charges by the police should get the guy talking to you. The cops may drop it, there, if that's the case, as it's less paperwork for them to file the police report than it is for them to do that AND file hit-and-run charges. At the end of the day you don't really care if they do or don't press this as long as you're made whole, right?
    This^^^^ but can almost guarantee that they will not legally be able to give you the owners info.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    • Take lots of pics ...
    • Apartment complexes usually keep a record of every tenant's plate number and vehicle description (year, make, model). If the truck is regularly in the complex, go to the main office, tell them what happened, describe the vehicle, and ask for the owner's contact information.
    • If not given the contact info but you did, indeed, submit vehicle description and plate number with your application, call the police from your mobile while still in the apartment office ... describe the hit-and-run that happened, tell them you went to the complex office (and why) but were not given the contact info, and tell them you need them to come do a report on the hit-and-run. (This lets the cops know where they can get data on the truck ... and lets the office know the cops are likely coming to see them.)
    • If you ARE given the contact info, then go home, call the police, and tell them you need them to come do a report on the hit-and-run ... and provide the info the office gave you AND tell them basis on which it was given (vehicle description).
    • Wait for the cops to do the police report.
    • Call your insurance company and tell THEM what happened and give them the police report number.

Note: The cops should be able to paint match what's on your truck with what came from his ... and what's on his that came from yours. The mere threat of this as supporting evidence for hit-and-run charges by the police should get the guy talking to you. The cops may drop it, there, if that's the case, as it's less paperwork for them to file the police report than it is for them to do that AND file hit-and-run charges. At the end of the day you don't really care if they do or don't press this as long as you're made whole, right?
    well talked to the office and obviously they cant give me his info a.k.a. privacy act.... blah blah blah, but the lady I spoke with said it would be a good idea to file a police report and to leave a note on the guys truck and mention that i did file a police report and it should have him talking to me...

NOW, aside from what the picture shows... those areas that are scraped, the paint is completely scraped off, and there is a nice ding where he initially hit before he scraped along my bumper...
    what would be a good moral thing to do about this besides the fact he left and didnt do the moral thing...
    is filing a police report for this, what some may consider a couple scratches worth it?
    Obviously if it was someones lamborghini im sure thats a no brainer that they would file one, what is a typical route for this kind of situation?
    have the guy pay for my bumper to be repainted in that area? or anything simple like that?
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

@reggiecab2000, the police report is usually necessary for any kind of insurance action. File it so that you have options; it has nothing to do with being mean or nice ... or worth it or not worth it. It's just a step you should ALWAYS do when there is contact between two vehicles.

a few things i havent updated since two weeks ago:

1)removed and repainted stock sway bar

2)replaced airaid air filter with K&N

the airaid is about 10 years old, and i could not get the pink look back no matter how much i cleaned it
    paid less than $40.00 for the k&n

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2875 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	52657

Name:	IMG_2876 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	52654

Name:	IMG_2877 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	52655

Tahoe is back home safe and sound and I got my OBDII to work very well. its amazing what info you see on there. I can see MAP info, MAF reading, O2 sensor voltage, Intake air temp, loads of stuff!! Final price for repair was $543.95 half was just for the starter the rest was storage and labor. Truck starts fast now and the new starter roars with power.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Today I finished up my detail work and took the truck out from under cover for the first time since last Saturday ... since it was no longer raining and the roads had finally dried enough. I also took a few photos close to dusk. Here are two close ups. No swirls!

Reflection in passenger side door:

Name:	passenger_door_reflection.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	52682

Reflection in tailgate:

Name:	tailgate_reflection.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	52683

So the switches don't fit in the holes in the switch panel. The hoes are only off by like 1/16 or less, which makes no sense because I designed the panel's holes to the same size as the switches... What ever I'll just widen the holes the old fashion way.

Today I replaced my 200psi pressure gauge with a 300psi pressure gauge, completing my air system upgrade to 200psi working pressure. (Gauge pressure should always allow reading above working pressure ... so you can know if you're over pressure!) I also ordered a set of custom Autobot puddle lights.

Cleaned and re-oiled my K&N FIPK filter, replaced my wiper blades. Contemplated a pm to CR aabout his big 3 upgrade. Decided to act like a gentleman and wait on the pm.

Sorry, have to close this thread, it's almost 2400 replies!

New Thread Is Here: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/125119

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today