GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default AC question: stuck heater flap?

I think I have my answer, but I don't know how to fix it or where to look:

My front ac blows whatever the outside temp is, the rear is fine. I refilled the system and plugged a leaky schraeder valve with a short bolt and Teflon tape instead of the plastic cap...no mo leak. (it will get fixed right, but it works fine for now!).

When I'm driving with the blower off, I can feel the breeze from under the dash. Most noticeable on those really cold mornings ( as cold as so cal gets anyways). In the summer, I just get the outside heat rolling in.

Where is the outside vent valve located on a 99 Burban? I've looked and found nothing and my Haynes manual...well, it's a Haynes manual.

Thanks!
    Rob
    1999 Suburban C1500 LS 5.7 K&N filter, VentVisors, debadged aka "LAAT/i...Larty"
    1994 C2500 454. Ex-Forest Service beastie. aka "Redneck"
    2006 Saturn Ion...the Wife's car.
    Empty spot that needs a Jeep...

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I think I have my answer, but I don't know how to fix it or where to look:

My front ac blows whatever the outside temp is, the rear is fine. I refilled the system and plugged a leaky schraeder valve with a short bolt and Teflon tape instead of the plastic cap...no mo leak. (it will get fixed right, but it works fine for now!).

When I'm driving with the blower off, I can feel the breeze from under the dash. Most noticeable on those really cold mornings ( as cold as so cal gets anyways). In the summer, I just get the outside heat rolling in.

Where is the outside vent valve located on a 99 Burban? I've looked and found nothing and my Haynes manual...well, it's a Haynes manual.

Thanks!

My truck does this. From what Im told its the Temp door actuator. I guess some solder on the board becomes loose and causes a poor connection so the door stops moving.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Cool and not cool...if it's just a bad connection on a board, I can fix that easy...I've soldered plenty of circuit boards when I built silicon wafer processing machines.

Does anyone know where this board is located?