GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default installing an overhead dvd player

I have a 2003 Yukon with a sunroof and would like to know if anyone has installed an overhead DVD player in this type of vehicle. Is this job suitable for the do-it-yorselfer or, should I have it professionally installed?
    Thanks in advance for all assistance.

Do it have the rear ac/heat control? If so where at, the driver area or the rear passenger area?

Default installing an overhead dvd player

You can but it is a royal pain in the a** to do yourself, most install places don't/won't recomend it because of the framwork for the sunroof. That and the headliner has a hump in it about midway front to rear right where the screen mounts. I looked at the overhead's before deciding on a headrest setup which I really recomend. I went with the vizualogic perfectmatch 7" lcd setup. I was able to install it myself in about 4 hours, came with everything EXCEPT the adapter for the factory radio antenna. The picture is amazing and it won't block your rearward view. My friend has an overhead and when it's down your rearview mirror is basically useless. Good Luck
    Forked River NJ, 2002 Chevy Tahoe 5.3, 4 inch AEM Brute Force CAI, 3.5 inch Flowmaster Forcw II cat-back, Hypertech Powerprogramer III, Billet Grill and a Vizualogic Headrest LCD DVD System.

Default HI does anyone knoew how to install headrest dvd player on tahoe?

Hi I am trying to install replacement headrest dvd players on my tahoe any help with instalation?

Quote Originally Posted by syncmaster750 View Post
    I have a 2003 Yukon with a sunroof and would like to know if anyone has installed an overhead DVD player in this type of vehicle. Is this job suitable for the do-it-yorselfer or, should I have it professionally installed?
    Thanks in advance for all assistance.
    I have an escalade so we have similar set ups.. Here's mine and Yes I had a profession installer handle the install. I have a 15.4 inch monitor, because anything bigger and the moonroof or the hump would have complicated the install.. Hope that helps, Good luck with that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3290012.JPG  

I just installed a overhead car DVD player for my dodge. My kids just love it. Recommend you to install one for your family car.