GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default upgrade problems

So.... I installed a Edge CS programmer coupled with a Volant CAI and it runs amazing. I noticed immediate changes while in performance mode and the thing runs like a scalded ape in extreme mode. My problem is once I hit 95 it falls flat on its face. Now im sure there is a governer on my truck (which I did not know) and that bugs me. Does anyone know what my options are for either removing it or adjusting it to say 130mph (ok that may be much but I think you get the jist of it).

If I take it to a "speed shop" for adjustment how does that effect the programmer?

Thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by 8 lug; 02-28-2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: wrong programmer model

Legend
    Blog Entries

I am not familiar with the programmer that you have, but I know my Hypertech Hyperpac would remove the top speed limiter and rev limiter with the push of a button. If you take it to a speed shop that could get damn expensive real quick, we have a shop here by us that does dyno tuning and such for the tune of $400 an hour and people come clear from California for this to be done.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Yes, that's correct. That being said, a custom dyno tune is the way to do it if you are really serious about performance. It will completely replace
    your Hypertech but that isn't a bad thing I assure you.

I would love to get a customer dyno tune but since I still have much more to do to my beast I would hate to shell out the cash only to have to come out of pocket again in 6 months.

I did talk to my contact at 4wheel parts and he said my programmer does have a speed limiter adjustment, I believe I found it and adjusted it to 150mph (if I catch the right tailwind and am going down a very steep hill )
    Next all I have to do is find a nice stretch of blacktop and see if I can at least hit where it was cutting out before. Sometimes its not about going fast as much as knowing you can.

Quote Originally Posted by 8 lug View Post
    Sometimes its not about going fast as much as knowing you can.

Or both

Tymbom,
    You are wise beyond your years. Valid point!