GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Blog Entries

Default 03-06 NBS Silverado Grills?

I am thinking about getting a new grill for my 03 Silverado, and I was wondering what other people had on theirs? How much did you pay and how do you like it now that you have it installed? Pics would be great!

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiKid View Post
    I am thinking about getting a new grill for my 03 Silverado, and I was wondering what other people had on theirs? How much did you pay and how do you like it now that you have it installed? Pics would be great!
    Imo I would stick with stock and paint it. I want a RBP grill for my truck though. I just dont really want to spend 700 on a grill haha.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

I got mine from G.M. Accessories, I know a lot of people prefer "Blacking" out or color matching but I'm old school, or just old, and prefer chrome. I'm happy with the Grille because I haven't seen another truck with one like it since I've had it.

Adam

Default Im in love

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    I got mine from G.M. Accessories, I know a lot of people prefer "Blacking" out or color matching but I'm old school, or just old, and prefer chrome. I'm happy with the Grille because I haven't seen another truck with one like it since I've had it.

I love this grille but i can't afford that! lol I'm gonna have to go with a cheap insert!

Love your truck though!!!

'04 Chevy 1500 Ext. Cab 4x4
    265/75-16 Sport King A/T

Quote Originally Posted by hildy19 View Post
    I love this grille but i can't afford that! lol I'm gonna have to go with a cheap insert!

Love your truck though!!!
    Thanks! It really wasn't that expensive.....my Wife bought it for Christmas a couple of years ago!!

Default haha

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Thanks! It really wasn't that expensive.....my Wife bought it for Christmas a couple of years ago!!
    Ya but when your 16 it is lol I think a 50 dollar one will work for me

I love how your using GM parts tho i think thats super cool

LMC Truck has a bunch of different ones you can choose from. they are fairly cheap.
    Jeep Recovery Vehicle.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Default My Grille!

ON MY LAST TRUCK I HAD THE FACTORY GRILLE PAINTED TO MATCH, AND A TRENZ STAINLESS STEEL BILLET GRILLE INSERT (NOT BOLT-OVER)

BODY SHOP CHARGED $225 TO SAND AND PAINT THE GRILLE SHELL, BILLET INSERT WAS $300 BECAUSE OF IT BEING SOLID STAINLESS STEEL AND NOT POWDER COATED. BOWTIE WAS ALSO PAINTED TO MATCH WHILE AT THE BODY SHOP.

2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Blog Entries

I'm thinking about going the insert way just because they are so much cheaper, but if I could find another option I'd be down with that too...looking to spend under 100 bucks. I've seen the aluminum ones on ebay for less than 50 bucks, and I'm thinkin that might be worth it because the more expensive stainless steel ones look identical. Any input on the ebay ones? Thanks guys.
    Last edited by HawaiiKid; 03-05-2010 at 02:18 AM.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I had a grille from The Summit Racing brand a few years back, and it lasted for about a year. Then the aluminum got foggy and looked like crap, also it is powdrecoated black on the back side of those grilles, First time you accidently get wax on those bars you are screwed, it's kind of like getting wax on black plastic trim.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by